Friday, November 11, 2011

This Cover or That (#1)

I've noticed that sometimes there are more than one bookcover to one book...be it hardcover, paperback, a movie tie-in, or simply an edition form another country. So I decided to do a weekly (maybe lol) post highlighting one book I have or have not read that has more than one cover. At the end I'll choose my favorite!

For my very first This Cover or That, I have chosen..........Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan! Why? Well, you know, just because I love Greek mythology ;)

Original US Cover vs. Movie Tie-In Cover

Goodreads blurb: After getting expelled from yet another school for yet another clash with mythological monsters only he can see, twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is taken to Camp Half-Blood, where he finally learns the truth about his unique abilities: He is a demigod, half human, half immortal. Even more stunning: His father is the Greek god Poseidon, ruler of the sea, making Percy one of the most powerful demigods alive. There's little time to process this news. All too soon, a cryptic prophecy from the Oracle sends Percy on his first quest, a mission to the Underworld to prevent a war among the gods of Olympus.


First of all, I really like how both of the coves are very similar: the ocean and waves, NY up ahead, Percy holding something, and, of course, the lightning! But I have to say, my favorite of theses two has to be the movie tie-in cover. I mean, look at the lightning! It's wicked cool! Plus, I think I might be a little biased. I did see the movie before I read the book and I happen to own the book with the movie tie-in cover, too :P

Sooo, which one is your favorite??

Check out my review on The Lightning Thief!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you have a good point there. The second cover is cool, but I like the first one. It goes along with the rest of the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally agree with you! I get a little OCD with my books sometimes and the covers have to match! lol
    So I see what you're saying too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! And if you'd like, leave me a link to your site so I can visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...