Sunday, July 20, 2014

Showcase Sunday (#53)


Welcome to Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed form the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.



Bought:


I was so excited to see that these two books were on bargain sale! Especially Slayers since I LOVE Janette Rallison's My Fair Godmother series!! And while she might be writing under a different pen name, I really feel like I'm going to love this one as well! As for Dearly, Departed, I've been kind of iffy on reading this one. But it has such a gorgeous cover I couldn't help myself and I bought it! If you've read this book let me know what you think about it!!

So, the purchase of these books comes with a whole story, if you care to know ;) ... Thursday morning, at like 9 am, my mom calls me to tell me that my younger brother was going to get out of work early and that if I could go pick him up. So I get there and my mom calls again saying that actually no, he's going to work longer. Me: Grrrr!! I was not a happy girl. I got up early and everything! Yeah, 9 am is early for me. I'm a night owl so the night before I went to sleep at around 3 am. So to cheer myself up, and make my trip worthwhile, I went browsing at the bookstore. Notice I said browsing... I wan't planning on buying anything. But, well, this chart explains my logic...

You need a new book

I mean, a booknerd in a bookstore can only end in one way ;) AND I also met a new friend! :D While I was browsing I found that this other girl who was there in the same aisle as me was also a fan of Rick Riordan! So we gushed over his books for a bit and she was saying how no one is allowed to touch her babies, which I can totally relate to!

Do not meddle with or harm my books unless you expect the most dreadful of circumstances
DON'T TOUCH MY BOOKS! ;)

Anyway, then I told her about the crossover novellas (The Son of Sobek and The Staff of Serapis) she didn't know about. I feel like I accomplished something :)


Amazon Freebies:

Everwild Atlantis Riptide Halloween Magic and Mayhem Zachary Pill: Of Monsters and Magic (Wizard Dragon series #1)

This week I went on another freebie hunt and this is what I found. Mythology and magic... two of my favorite things! They sound like fun! :) [Clicky the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Gods, sorry that post was so long! I just got a little excited there ;)

So, what bookish things did you get this week?

5 comments:

  1. YAY for meeting another bookworm in the bookstore!
    I totally would have been so pissed if I had woken up before 9 am for no good reason! I don't do mornings! Even if I've been working morning shift this weekend...
    I read Dearly, Departed and really liked it! I got a bit stuck on the sequel but the first book was very cool!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! THANK YOU! My mom has a habit of waking me up early in the morning for, sometimes, absolutely no reason! It's not fun -_- lol. I'm glad to hear that you liked Dearly, Departed! That makes me feel better! :)

      Delete
  2. I DNFed Deadly, Departed b/c I don't like zombies but I'm really excited to know what you'll think of it yourself!! :D The other book, I've been meaning to buy it but never got the occasion lol. Hope you'll like it and happy reading! Didn't get anything this week. :P

    Lola @ Hit or Miss Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll have better luck with it, lol. I don't really mind zombie books all too much... it's the historical/Victorian era feel that's kinda making me hesitate... but we'll see

      Delete