Sunday, September 9, 2018

Sunday Post #174: Mini Vacation!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I've been in Seattle this weekend!!



Friday evening I left and stayed at a cousins house so we could all leave early the next day. Meanwhile I hung out with this guy:



His name is Baldur, like the god 😉 lol. He is very friendly and loves to be pet. I wasn't able to grab a picture of his sister Freya (like the goddess lol) because she's as shy as a unicorn. Lol. This weekend was the first time she came to me to pet her! And I house sat for them last winter! Lol.

Anyway, Saturday morning we left for Seattle, which is about a 3 hour drive where we live. Once there we hung out with one of my cousins who lives, had lunch, and did a lot of shopping. I mean a lot. Well, we didn't buy too much stuff, be we did go to a lot of places. Lol.

Today we got up nice an early for more shopping. we went to a farmers market and another Asian market and both were very cool! I also bought tons of books today (see below 😏 lol). We finally got back into town at around 6 pm today. I just got out of the shower (it's currently 8:30 pm as I write this) and I am both exhausted from sitting so long on the car ride home, and from walking so much at the farmers market. I don't even know what to do with myself. Lol. Anyway, I had a lot of fun, now excuse me while I go put on a facial mask and try and go to sleep early (while leaving all my things to be unpacked tomorrow lol).

What I've been watching:

I watched a lot of things before I left for my trip: some Rugrats movies, Freddy vs Jason (which is amazing!), Black Panther, and I also finally started on the most recent season of iZombie!

Image result for izombie

What I've been listening to:

I love listening to podcasts on my way too and from work, as you know, well this week I have an awesome recommendation for you! It is a horror comedy about a tenant who is super upset that his apartment is haunted. Lol. It's amazing! You have to give it a listen!



Nail art of the week:



I used a mirror chrome nail powder (the aurora pigment) with regular polish then did a chevron stomp over top!

Online

Reviews posted this week:

Widow's Web (Elemental Assassin, #7) Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8) Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks (Elemental Assassin #8.1)


Other Posts:

#129: Finally Got My Fix

Top Authors I Own the Most Books From (as of 2018)!

Book Haul

Freebies:

These Haunts Are Made For Walking: A Ghost Hunter Cozy Mystery (A Ghostly Haunted Tour Guide Cozy Mystery Book 1) by [Pressey, Rose]

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Bought:

Venom in the Veins: An Elemental Assassin Book by [Estep, Jennifer]

You know how much I love Elemental Assassin, so when I saw the latest book was on sale I grabbed it!



This is my latest Book Outlet haul I got earlier in the week before I left.



And this stack I got from a huge Goodwill at Seattle where my cousins wanted to go thrifting. Pretty good haul, if I do says so myself 😉



And last is this beautiful thing 😍 (and yes, I do already own this book in the OG cover... I love this series, okay? Lol.)



I love all these little details... the golden pages, the little drawings at the beginning of the chapters...



And these beautiful drawing throughout the book! I am in love! 😍

(Oh, I got this one from the Asian marketplace we went to that had a bookstore inside. Honestly, I don't even know why I waited so long to get this book. It's one of my favorite series!)


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment