Thursday, July 4, 2019

2019 Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag



I did this tag last year and I absolutely loved it, so I thought I'd do it again!


1. Best book you've read so far in 2019.

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)

This one is tough and I think I spent an unnecessarily long time coming up with one choice. Lol. But ultimately I think I'm gonna go with a re-read, one I enjoyed as much as I did the first time I read it: Kiss of Frost! If you have not read this series yet I highly recommend it! It's my all-time favorite series!


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2019.

Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)

As you can see, I love Jennifer Estep. Lol. And her Elemental Assassin series quickly became another of my favorite series! I just love it! I feel like the books just get better and better, and this one was incredible! This is the latest book in the series and I loved it!


3. New release you haven't read yet but want to.

Drop Dead Gorgeous (Return to Fear Street, #3)

Another series I love is Fear Street and I am beyond happy that R.L. Stine has come back to it! This book came out earlier in the year and I am hoping to get to it soon! It's book 3 in the new series and I've enjoyed the other 2, so I'm excited to read this one!


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of 2019.

The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)

Babysitters who are witches protecting their charges? Umm, YES PLEASE!


5. Biggest disappointment.

UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)

I was very excited to read this one because it's a fairy tale retelling with an interesting premise... but the book itself was a hot mess. And the characters were no better either, unfortunately.


6. Biggest surprise.

Bleach, Volume 59

This question I'm taking a bit literally because there were quite a few surprises in this volume. In the last volume we got a shocking revelation about Captain Unohana, which this book goes into. It was absolutely insane! We also learn a bit more about Ichigo's mom, which was also insane! This volume had a ton of surprises and I loved it!


7. New favorite author.

Bleach, Vol. 55: The Blood Warfare

Speaking of Bleach, Tite Kubo is my new favorite author! He is SO good at storytelling and weaving things together! His illustrations are also pretty great!


8. Newest fictional crush.

oh yeah

Lieutenant Renji Abarai... I ADORE him! He is one of my favorite Bleach characters and my newest fictional crush 😍 Yup, that's him getting a massage from stuffed animals after training (or they're feeling him up... look idk. Can you blame them? 😏 Lol).


9. Newest favorite character.

Snared (Elemental Assassin, #16)

So I feel like this might be cheating a little bit because I have loved Gin Blanco for a long time. But it's been just recently that I have been binge reading the series and catching up and that's made me appreciate what a great character she is. She may be a deadly assassin, but she's got a wonderful heart! She is my favorite heroine of all time! I adore her!


10. Book that made you cry.

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)

Cassandra Clare always makes me cry... always!


11. Book that made you happy.

Hey Diddle Diddle The Zombie In The Middle (Mellow Summers, #14)

This one was a bit hard because I don't really read book that are happy, per se. Last year I picked a contemporary that was really cute and fun, but this year I haven't read anything cute! Lol. So I picked this one because it's a cozy mystery and the Mellow Summers series is always fun and the wacky characters make me happy!


12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you've seen this year.

Bird Box (Bird Box, #1)

This one was hard because I don't think I've seen any adaptions this year? I mean, unless you count comic book movies (I've, like, seen them all lol) or anime? Lol. Can I pick Bleach? I binge watched the hell out of that and loved it! Lol. The only one that comes to mind (only because I checked my history on Netflix cause I had literally nothing lol) is Bird Box. I haven't read the book but I watched the movie back in January and really enjoyed it.


13. Favorite post you've done this year.

 reading stats

Just like last year, my favorite post is my reading stats I posted at the beginning of the year!


14. Most beautiful book you bought so far this year.

The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1)

I LOVE this cover!! Malec forever! Lol.


15. What books do you need to read by the end of this year?

Stepsister Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

There's so much I want to read! These are just 2 that stood out! A fairy tale retelling with an interesting twist, and a book based on a creepypasta I already love!


Let me know what books would make your list! And if you've done the tag too, leave me link! I'd love to check it out!

2 comments:

  1. The Babysitter's Coven sounds so good! I really want to read that one. Seems like you've had a great reading year so far!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started The Babysitters Coven not that long ago and I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete