Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Stranger Things Book Tag!



I saw this tag over at A Great Read and it looked like so much fun! I love Stranger Things! I just saw season 3 last week and I absolutely loved it! It was so good! And I may have shed a tear or two there at the end...



Epic Intro
A book that grabbed your attention on the first page

Evil Librarian

I loved this book! It was really funny and I loved the supernatural aspect to it—it just grabbed me straight away!


Dungeons and Dragons
A fantasy world you’d like to experience yourself

 Eve Hallows

This one was hard because I don't read a lot of just straight epic fantasy, so I picked this one! It's been a hot minute since I've read anything in this series, but I remember really loving this world! The main character, Eve, is the only human living in a world full of monsters. Her mom is a gorgon, her dad a shape-shifter, and her little brother is a ghoul. Things happen in their hometown so the family decided to move from Gravesville to the human world. But honestly, Gravesville sounds amazing! I'd love to visit it!

You know what, it kind of reminds me of Halloweentown, one of my all-time favorite Disney movies!

Related image


Squad Goals
Your favorite bookish friends

Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)

This question was very easy for me. Lately I was reading a lot of Elemental Assassin, so I just had to give it to Gin and all of her loyal friends! My favorite thing about this series is definitely the characters! I adore them! I also like that even though Gin is an assassin, she just makes friends left and right. Lol. That’s Gin, making friends as she drops bodies. Lol.


ABC’s and Christmas Lights
Your favorite mentally unhinged character

An Apple A Day Keeps Murder Away (The Mellow Summers #3)

Mel's Aunt Ethel is insane and I love her! Here's just a little snippet of her crazy antics 😉

"Stop light," I yelled.
"Oh, those don't mean anything," sung Aunt Ethel. "They're mostly optional."
...
"Oh, pooh. A traffic jam," said my aunt. She jerked the wheel again pulling the car into the sidewalk.
"Driving on the sidewalk is illegal," I screamed. "There are people there!"
"Don't worry, dear. They'll move out of the way."

😂


The Upside-Down
A book that was the opposite of what you expected

There's Someone Inside Your House

This book... I was very excited to get into it because it sounded like a great horror/thriller! Except it wasn't. This was a contemporary/romance that every once in a while remembered it actually had a mystery going on. It was incredibly disappointing.


Mad Scientists
The freakiest government you can think of

Matched (Matched, #1)

When you say "freakiest government" I think dystopian. I picked this book because in this series the government chooses every single thing about your life for you.

In the Society, officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

And even little things like what you read! It sounds awful! 😩


Demogorgon
A scary book creature you would not want to go through your walls

The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)

I love horror but it is very hard for me to get scared when it comes to books. One book that did mange that though, was this one! The ghost in this book shifts into your worst fear and uses that against you, feeding off that fear. Yikes!


Cliffhanger Ending
A book that left you wanting more

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)

I don't know what book would be more perfect than one the leaves you with not only a figurative cliffhanger, but a LITERAL one too! Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors, but damn those cliffhangers! Lol.


I'm not tagging anyone specifically, but feel free to do this yourself, especially if you love Stranger Things as well!

2 comments: