Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A to Z Book Tag!



I saw this tag over at Drizzle and Hurricane Books and it looked like a lot of fun to do!


A
Author you’ve read the most books from

The New Girl (Fear Street, #1)

With 73 books read, the winner is R.L. Stine! I'm not even surprised. Lol. And no, I'm not gonna list all the books because damn... I read a lot of Fear Street. Lol.


B
Best sequel ever

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)

Why do I have a feeling these questions are going to be hard? 😩 This one was very, very, very hard. Ultimately I went with one I re-read recently: Kiss of Frost! I love this book and this series in general! After the sexual tension between Logan and Gwen in the first book, it was nice to see a little pay off in this one 😉 Plus the action is amazing and the setting was great!


C
Currently reading

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)

At the time of writing this, I am reading Scarlet and I really love it! I love this world and the characters!


D
Drink of choice while reading

water

Well I don't really drink/eat anything while I'm reading... so I guess water? I actually don't drink a lot of anything else besides water. I did have an iced tea today while I was reading though.


E
E-reader or physical copy

book of shadows

I actually really like both! But I think physical copies might have just the slightest edge over e-books.


F
Fictional character you would have dated in high school

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)

I think maybe someone like Jem. He is so sweet and I just love him!


G
Glad you gave this book a chance

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

YA is my genre and it's pretty much all read. The Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep is an adult series, but because I loved her Mythos Academy YA series I decided to give this one a shot, and I am SO happy I did because it's become one of my all-time favorite series! It's action-packed, I love the characters, and there's some really cool magic! Just... everything about it I love!


H
Hidden gem book

Paxton Private Investigations (Paxton Private Investigations, #1)

So I picked an indie author because I feel like they don't get the same amount of attention as traditionally published ones. One of my favorite indie authors is Julie Alexander so I picked Paxton Private Investigations because it was just so much fun! She writes these really sweet romances with lovable characters. I loved the story in this one because it was a mystery and it was suspenseful, but there was a great balance between the suspense and the humorous stuff.


I
Important moment in your reading life

goodreads

I honestly think it was coming across Goodreads. It has indeed helped me find my next favorite books! And not only that, but I've connected with a lot other bookish people! Plus, I can keep track of all of my books and tbr pile in one place!


J
Just finished

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

Cinder! As I mentioned before, I loved this book! I just love the mesh of sci-fi with fairy tale retellings... it's so cool! I'm just mad at myself for not reading it sooner. Lol.


K
Kind of books you won’t read



I've read like 3 non-fiction books, but the ones I'm not interested in at all are autobiographies/biographies.


L
Longest book you have ever read

Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

I think Breaking Dawn. It's 756 pages long, so it's pretty monstrous. Man, I haven't read this one in a hot minute.


M
Major book hangover because of...

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

I can't think of a better choice than Clockwork Princess. This one seriously messed me up. That end got me right in the feels 😩


N
Number of bookcases you own



I have three! These are just two of them. I have a smaller one with all my nursing school textbooks.


O
One book you’ve read multiple times

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Man, I don't even know how many times I've read this one. I just love it!


P
Preferred place to read

Related image

I could read literally anywhere. Bed, couch, comfy chair... doesn't really matter as long as it's comfy!


Q
Quote that inspires you

“Hermes gazed up at the stars. 'My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. It doesn't matter if they hate you, or embarrass you, or simply don't appreciate your genius for inventing the Internet-”
― Rick Riordan, The Sea of Monsters

I'm not really a quote person, but here's a serious but fun one. Lol.


R
Reading regret

The Postmortal

I didn't even finish reading this book. I read about 25% of it before I gave up on it. I just felt like the story was... well, there was no story! I kind of feel like I wasted my time on it.


S
Series you started and need to finish (all books are out)

Stray (Shifters, #1)

Wait, are you serious?! I am the QUEEN of not finishing series! I have a whole Goodreads shelf dedicated to all the series I need to finish, and you do not want to know how many books are in it! (61 books. There are 61 books in my series-to-finish shelf!) Anyway, I picked this one because I've had Rachel Vincent on the mind a lot lately. I love her work but I actually haven't read anything by her in years! I loved this series and I literally have only one book before I finish it. The reason why I haven't finished is because there is a love triangle (I hate love triangles)... and I think it's going in the direction I don't want *sigh*


T
Three of your all-time favorite books

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2) Silent Night (Silent Night, #1: Fear Street Super Chillers, #2)

Wait, seriously?? Only 3? What's with these questions?! Lol. Okay, here are my three from three of my favorite authors! Touch of Frost was the first book I read by Jennifer Estep, and it was the book that made me fall in love with her writing! While R.L. Stine holds the place for most read author, Jennifer Estep actually comes in at 2nd with 48 books (this including novellas and short stories)! I literally love everything she writes!

Rick Riordan is another of my favorite authors, and another whose writing I adore! I picked The Son of Neptune because it brings together the characters I love from PJO and also introduces some new ones.

When it comes to Jennifer Estep and Rick Riordan, everything I've read by them I have loved. Everything. R.L. Stine though, some of his books are better than others. One of my favorites though is Silent Night. The main character is such a bitch and I just love to hate her! Lol. The things that happen to her in this book, she kind of deserves them. Lol.


U
Unapologetic fangirl for

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

I don't care if this is for "kids," I love this series and everything else Rick Riordan has written!


V
Very excited for this release

Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)

I wrote this post on August 5th 2019, and on this very day was when all the info and the cover for the latest Elemental Assassin was revealed. This beautiful book is coming out October 8th and I CANNOT WAIT! I am SO excited! And look at how gorgeous the cover is! 😍


W
Worst bookish habit

Image result for supernatural stack of books gif

Easy... how about not finishing series. Have I mentioned I have 61 books on my series-to-finish shelf?? Lol.


X
X marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book

 The Lantern's Ember

This one is actually fairly new, so I haven't read it yet.


Y
Your latest book purchase

Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)

I bought the last couple of books in The Lunar Chronicles and those should be the day this post goes up! I also pre-ordered Sharpest Sting as soon as I found out about it


Z
Zzz-snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way too late)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

This series is just so good! I didn't get much sleep while reading this book cause I just wanted to, you know, read this book... even though I had to be up early the next morning for work 😅


This was so much fun to do! I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you're so inclined! 😊

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know that Jennifer Estep had written a YA series---I might have to check that out. Maybe it will get me hooked on her and I'll read her adult books too. :-)

    And 61 books on the series to finish shelf does sound like a lot, but I'll confess that I'm scared to count up the number of series I haven't finished. Like you, I'm a serial non-finisher!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! She actually has 2 YA series! Mythos Academy and Black Blade. They are both very good! And her adult books are great as well! I'm even hooked on her fantasy series... and I'm not even that big a fan of fantasy! Lol.

      Delete