Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Top 20 Favorite Books & Series of 2019!



That's right, 20 because I refuse to pick favorites between my children. I already had to narrow things down quite a bit... I read a lot of Jennifer Estep books this year and I had to pick my top favorite books I read, which hurt my soul because she is my favorite author 😩 I also re-read a bunch of books this year, which I love, but I made the executive decision to not include those, and that also hurt.


Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17) Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)

First up, Jennifer Estep! I adore the Elemental Assassin series, and all the books and novellas I read this year that take place in that world were just amazing! And I of course loved Spartan Destiny. The Mythos Academy world is what first introduced me to her work, so I will always have a soft spot for it. And now I'm really sad because this is the last book in the Mythos Academy Spinoff series 😭

Bleach, Volume 59 Bleach, Volume 60 Bleach, Volume 63 Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg

This year I watched the Bleach anime and almost immediately moved onto the manga, mostly because the last arc of the series was never adapted, but I ended up really loving it! I read over 20 volumes and these are just a few of my favorites!

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

This year I also finally read The Lunar Chronicles and I fell madly in love with it! 😍 It was such an amazing series and I really loved the world and the characters.

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

And yes, I also FINALLY finished The Mortal Instruments. I absolutely adore this series, even though it likes to break my heart over and over 😩

The Bane Chronicles Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)

More Shadowhunters! Who's surprised? 🙄 Lol. I just love this world and it is almost guaranteed that anything I read in this world I will love. Lol. I really enjoyed all the short stories in the first two books—they were a lot of fun! And I am absolutely in love with the new characters in Lady Midnight and I'm very excited to continue on with that series because that ending... ooof! Right in the feels 😩

Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11) Runaway (Fear Street, #41) Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One

And last are these three books... they are also a part of a series 😅 I was putting together my 2019 stats the other day when I realized I didn't really read a lot of standalone books this year 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, Fire Devil is part of the Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series, which I love! I particularly enjoyed this books because Ellie finally faces down the ghost that had been tormenting her all her life AND killed her family. It was just amazing!

I read a lot of Fear Street, a lot of them range from being "meh" to "not too bad", but every once in a while I find one that I really love... like Runway! This one had supernatural abilities thrown in, which I really enjoyed.

And last, Tales from the Gas Station. I love listening to Creepypasta narrations, and the stories in this world are actually some of my favorites! So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that not only was there a book, but the audiobook was narrated by my favorite Creepypasta narrator! 😆 Suffice to say, I adored this book and I'm actually right in the middle of reading the sequel, which I am also enjoying.


Best Series Starter of 2019:

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

It obviously goes to The Lunar Chronicles. As I mentioned before, I fell in love with this series hard and I ended up binge reading the entire thing in about a month or so. I just loved the characters and the way the fairy tales were intertwined with sci-fi... it was so good!

Best Sequel of 2019:

Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)

I don't know how Jennifer does it, but I swear, that every book in the Elemental Assassin series just keep getting better and better. The whole thing with the Circles is just... yikes. But it is so intriguing! And the fights are always amazing! The fights in this particular book were vicious and I loved it!

Best Series Ender of 2019:

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

I first started this series about 10 years ago or so, when I was in high school, and I finally finished it. My emotions went on a roller coaster ride, but I just love this series so much! The first three books in the series have always been some of my all-time favorite books, and now I know how this series ends. It's very bittersweet because while we see little cameos of these characters in TDA, this is it for them. This is the end of their story. It makes me so sad! I miss Jace! 😭


Let me know what some of your favorite books of 2019 were!

Happy Holidays! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I binge read The Lunar Chronicles this year too---some of them were rereads, but I finally finished the series! (LOVED it!!)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction


    ReplyDelete