Monday, April 13, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #191: Long Time No See



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date and Unleashing Reads.

Why, hello there. I haven't done one of these in a hot minute. But there was honestly no point because I wasn't doing any reading... at all. Last week however, I started using the app Bookly which I set to remind me to read every night.



So for a couple of days, I read at least one chapter before bed, but then yesterday morning I woke up with the urge to finish the book I was reading... and I did! 🙌


What I finished reading this past week:

Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1)

I finished reading this book exactly one month after I started it. The whole situation with the world really killed my mood to read, and this book was not helping the matter. I loved the concept but it was just SLOW and very unaction-packed. I like thrills with my mysteries, and this book unfortunately did not have that. But hey! At least I finished a book! Lol.


Currently reading:

Japanese Demystified, Premium 3rd Edition (Demystified Language)

I'm gonna be honest, you're gonna be seeing this book here for a while more 😅 I haven't touched it in a minute, but I will get through it because I need all the help I can get when it comes to Japanese grammar. Lol. And I don't read a lot of non-fiction books, but when I do they take me a good, long while to get through them. So, fair warning. Lol.


Up next:

So, after finishing that very meh book, I'm not quite sure what I want to read next. Maybe some Shadowhunters (still need to finish The Dark Artifices... but also really want to read Chain of Gold), maybe some Greek mythology (Sweet Venom caught my attention, but I've also had The Song of Achilles from the library for a while now), or maybe some sci-fi! I don't know yet.

Supernatural Sam GIF - Supernatural Sam Shrug

Thoughts? Suggestions? Let me know!


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. AMEN to Shadowhunters! I don't really read mystery/thriller books but I highly recommend Verity by Colleen Hoover, it's very different from her usual works and I had chills reading it in the middle of the night. As for TV shows, have you watched Mindhunter series on Netflix? I binged Season 1 & Season 2 in 2 days! That's 10 hours/day haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love chills! Lol. I'll have check it out! I haven't seen Mindhunter but I've heard a lot about it! It definitely sounds like something I might like. That's some real commitment there 😂 That was probably me watching 911. Lol.

      Delete
    2. It was one of my best read this year and so unexpected coming from an author who writes contemporary romance, haha! If you like 911 and mysteries, I think Mindhunter would be perfect for you too ;) The series is about how criminal profiling is formed, back when "interviewing serial killers" were something to frown upon. It's really creepily addicting and the casts are so amazing! Especially the ones for Ed Kemper & Son of Sam.

      Delete
    3. That's giving me some Criminal Minds vibes... which I also love! Lol. I'll have to add it on my list!

      Delete