Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday Post #243: The BEST Book Box and Anime!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So my first week of working night shift was tough. I felt like I was sleep deprived just all the time. Luckily I'm only working three days (nights?) a week, which works well for me right now because I was working the full 40 hours a week for the past couple of months and I needed a little break. Even though working nights doesn't feel like a break? The patient I work with is very stable, I'm pretty much there to watch her airway, and I don't know if that makes it better or worse because I don't have very much to do except suction her trach every once in a while 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, I'm off to work again tonight, first night of week two, so wish me luck! I hope I can get a good schedule down pretty soon here.

But besides that, not much has been going on. I did get a bunch of tea yesterday which I am ridiculously excited about:



I was never much of a tea person until last year when I went to a local tea shop and bought some teas to try. Anyway, I'm really excited to try all of these! They only one that is not new to me in this batch is the Cinnamon Apple Chamomile which is REALLY good!

What I've been baking:

Last Sunday before my first night shift, I made brownies with white chocolate chips and they were SO GOOD!



Yesterday I made chocolate chip cookies and I added some toffee bits into half of the batter and 😍🤤
I don't think I'm ever gonna eat normal chocolate chip cookies again. Lol.



What I've been watching:

I've been obsessively watching anime lately and these are two I finished this past week:

Attack on Titan Dr. Stone

Attack on Titan and Dr. Stone, and they were both AMAZING! Season 2 of Attack on Titan wasn't great, but it's worth pushing through it because seasons 1 and 3 are awesome! And Dr. Stone is very science heavy and I love it! I also really love the characters and I'm really looking forward to season 2, whenever that comes out.

The Invisible Man

I also FINALLY watched The Invisible Man and it was also amazing! It was very tense and just an overall good movie. Highly recommend!

Nail art of the week:



Mermaid! I did this on Thursday and I'm kinda already sick of it 😅 I'm probably gonna change it up sooner than I normally would.

Online

Posted this week:

#193: Readathon!

April 2020

Book Haul

Bought:



I got my 4th (of 5... yeah, yeah, I know lol) Chain of Gold book box, this one from Illumicrate, and honestly, this is the BEST ONE yet! I LOVE IT! I love everything that came in it, but the one thing that surprised me and I didn't know I needed in my life is definitely the cute teapot with a teacup and saucer:



I've been using it everyday (sometimes twice a day!) since I got it! 😍


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment