Thursday, October 22, 2020

Spooky Scary Book Tag


Why, hello there...

hello

Happy Spooky Season!

spooky

Long time no see! I wanted to squeeze in some spooky content before, you know, spooky season is over 😅 This is probably the first post I really work on since the blogger change, and let me tell you, I HATE IT! I liked to work on my posts in the html view, but now they've made it harder! And adding these two gifs above? ☝ A nightmare! And you know I love my gifs! It took me a bit to finally be able to add them BUT THEN I couldn't freaking resize them so then I had to mess with their html... UGH! So if the formatting of this post is all over the place and the images don't show up... you know why 😒

Anyway, I hate change 😂 But onto more fun stuff! I saw this fun tag over at The Book Critter!

Spooky Scary Skeletons

1. What goes bump in the night?
Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.

Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters

I love horror. Horror movies, horror books, you name it! But the thing is, I know this stuff is fiction so it doesn't really scare me... especially not books. That being said, I'm going with this nonfiction book I read awhile ago about serial killers. It was pretty horrifying. Reading it, I was acutely aware that all these awful things actually happened, and it just horrified me! It took me a couple of months to read it because it dealt with some pretty heavy stuff and I just needed to take breaks from it, but I really enjoyed the read! It was very interesting! Chilling, but interesting.

2. Jack O’ Lanterns and Classic Costumes:
A book you always reach for during Halloween time.


There really isn't one book I gravitate towards during spooky season, but you bet I'll always be reading a Fear Street book!

3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors:
A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

What's a book tag post if I don't mention a Jennifer Estep book once 😉 I love her books and I especially love the magic in this particular world. It's great!

4. Witch’s Brew:
Favorite witch character in any book/series.

Stirring Up Trouble (Stirring Up Trouble, #1)

I read this book YEARS ago, but I remember really loving it! The magic system was great and Zoe was a lot of fun!

5. Ghouls and Ghosts:
A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).

The Song of Achilles

I read this book early in the summer this year and omg it was AMAZING! Even though I knew how it was going to end (I LOVE Greek mythology!), it was still heartbreaking. I still think about it from time to time. And it's definitely one of my favorite books of the year!

6. Haunted Graveyard:
You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Oooh, idk. I'm just gonna go with the first one that came to mind: City of Bones! You guys know I'm trash for the Shadowhunters 😉

7. The Undead:
Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc).

halloweentown

Definitely witches! Followed closely by ghosts!

8. In the dead of night:
Pick a book with a black cover.

Tales from the Gas Station: Volume One (Tales from the Gas Station #1)

If you like horror comedies, give this one a shot... it's SO good! 🖤


I hope you guys are having a great spooky season! I haven't been around much (still trying to deal with the slump 😩), but I have been watching a ton of horror movies and I've read two spooky books so far this month! Let me know what spooky books/movies you've been enjoying lately!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. I listened to the audiobook of The Song of Achilles this summer and IT BROKE ME! Absolutely 100% haunted. I'd second your choice there. Another series that haunts me is the Boudica series by Manda Scott... It's been, like, 15 years and I'm still not over it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg right? I was a sobbing mess there at the end! I have not heard of the Boudica series... I'll have to look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids used to read RL Stein and they were definitely creepy books!!

    ReplyDelete