Friday, May 29, 2020

Neon Literary Nails!



This past week I got some new nail art supplies, including an amazing BOOKISH stamping plate I couldn't wait to put on my nails!

Image from Maniology

It's so CUTE! I love it! 😍 It combines two of my favorite things in life, nail art and books, and I could not be more happy! I'm gonna be using this plate a lot, I just know it, but for this first time I only used 3 images from the plate. Here is the first design I came up with... it combines a lot of my favorite things in nail art: stamping, neons, holo... (as always, you can click the images to make them larger and get a clearer view!)



I love it!!!

fangirling

Here are some close-ups:



On my thumb I did a pink-to-purple gradient stamp of the biggest image on the plate and on my pointer I used the image of the girl with her nose in a book. If this image is not me then idk what is! 😂



On my middle and ring finger I used the big image again using different colors for the gradients...



And on my pinky just a simple book with a heart on the cover. It's so cute!



And this design was very easy to do. I did my two coats of base coat because I'm extra like that (totally not necessary, but this is me lol), one coat of white... it's that opaque! I love it! Then I did one coat of a holographic top coat, I stamped on the design, put on a no-smudge top coat so my design wouldn't get ruined, then the final glossy top coat! Here are the many nail polishes I used lol:



Holo Taco - Smoothing Base
Holo Taco - Long-Lasting Base
Twinkled T - Glow Up (white)
INM - Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat
Unfortunately, those BMC (aka Maniology now) neons aren't sold anymore, but I found some other neons HERE which I think I'm going to buy myself 😏
Twinkled T - Goals (purple)
BMC/Maniology - No Smudge Top Coat
Holo Taco - Super Glossy Taco


And there you have it! Literal bookish nail art! What do you think? Did I nail it? 😜

2 comments: