I have been in a horrible reading slump ever since I was sick a couple months ago, and I still haven't been able to shake it 😖 One thing I feel like tends to help is a readathon, so this came around at the perfect time. I hope 😅 I could make the slump worse, but we're not going to talk about that. Lol.
Anyway, you can go HERE for more info on the readathon! This will start for me at 5pm tonight and end tomorrow at 5pm.
I honestly have no idea what I'll be reading. I think I'm just going to see what my mood wants. Lol. However, there is a board game, and I love me a board game!
And there are actually TWO bingo boards as well! I may take a look at the prompts and base my reading on that. I don't know. Lol.
Wish me luck! 😅
Friday - 5pm
Okay, so originally I wasn't going to make a tbr, but after looking at the bingo boards I got some ideas...
First, some 90s horror. I've been wanting to re-read the Fear Street Cheerleaders for a while now, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity! And then some books that were on my summer TBR last year. And all of these are super short, which is great for me and my reading slump right now. Lol.
Sci-fi, including the book I'm currently reading. Lol. You can't go wrong with Murderbot. Plus, another short one!
And these random ones 😆 (a cozy fantasy and a nonfiction book). I'm gonna focus on the Cheerleaders trilogy, first, though. Onto the board game:
And here are my first 3 rolls for the game board:
Rolled a 6 - Read 5 chapters
Rolled a 6 - Read 10 chapters
Rolled a 4 - Read 30 pages
Friday - 8:30pm
Okay, I am back with an update. I finished two books! It sounds impressive, but it's really not 😆 I started The First Evil earlier today before the readathon even began. I only had like 60 pages left, and then I read the entirety of The Second Evil. These books are so goddamn fun! I love them! And I love that they're short 😆
Here is how I'm doing on the bingo boards. No bingo yet, but I'm pretty close!
And I completed all of my previous rolls, so we're going to roll again for the game board!
Rolled a 2 - Hydrate
Rolled a 5 - Go forward 2 spaces - Self care
Rolled a 1 - Read 10 chapters
I was going to continue on with the third book, BUT I honestly feel like playing Tomodachi Life 😆 I feel like I've already made great progress, and it's only been 3 hours (yay short books! Lol). So I'm going to go put on some Supernatural (because I'm on my rewatch train again 😆), play my game, and then later tonight I'm going to start The Third Evil. I don't think I'll be back tonight with another update, so I'll see you tomorrow!
Saturday - 9:30am
I woke up late this morning, at like 7am. That's late for me. Lol. I've been waking up late and sleeping a lot lately, and I just hope it's not because I'm anemic again 😪 But anyway, I finished another book this morning!
Each lap on the stopwatch is how long it's taken me to read each book. Short books FTW! And this series is just so fun! I loved it! I may have to read more Fear Street books this summer 👀 And the bingo boards...
I got ONE bingo! Yay! No change on the board game, though. I only managed to do the hydrate prompt, but I'll work on finishing the rest of the prompts now. I think I will also be starting The Lifeguard? Maybe? Idk yet. Lol. I'm gonna go check on my Tomodachi island 😆 But I will NOT get sucked into it like I did last night. Lol. I'm only going to check on my shops, I swear! And maybe I'll pop in on some of my Miis. But it won't be for long! I will get started on reading again at 10am! I swear! 😆
Saturday - 1:30pm
I have finished another book!
This one was fine. I loved the Summer horror vibes and the setting on the island, but it was just overall... fine 🤷♀️ As for the bingo boards...
I have 4 bingos on one card!
And I finished my previous prompts, so more rolls for the board game!
Rolled a 6 - Read 40 pgs
Rolled a 1 - Eat something healthy
Rolled a 3 - Read 60 pgs
I'm gonna go make myself a chai latte and then I'll get started on my next book, which might be Murderbot. Idk yet. Lol. (I'm also going to check my afternoon market in Tomodachi Life. Don't judge. I know I'm addicted 😆)
Saturday final update - 5pm
Aaaand we're done! I didn't manage to finish my current book, and I fully blame Supernatural for that. I made the mistake of putting it on in the background, and even though I have seen this show a million times, it still sometimes pulls me right in 😆 For the last hour of the readathon I actually had to pause it so I could focus on reading. Lol. I have undiagnosed ADHD so I'm usually pretty good at this multitasking thing, but Supernatural, man. Lol.
Anyway, so I ended up starting Bury Me Deep instead of Murderbot, and I'm enjoying it so far! Have I been missing out on Christopher Pike books? Maybe. I ended up reading a total of 3 books, plus half of one yesterday and half of another today.
And I did pretty good on the bingo boards! I had no illusion of blackouts, but I'm happy with what I accomplished. I also didn't finish the board game, but that's fine too. This was fun though, and it might have been exactly what my reading slump needed. We'll see what happens now.
Let me know if you're joining in on this readathon and what you'll be reading!
You're so good! There was a time I could have done a read-a-thon, but these days I rarely have days that I just get to sit around my house. Like Supernatural, there are shows for me that I put on in the "background" but get sucked in even when I plan to read, lol. Great job though! https://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/06/e-galley-review-every-version-of-you-by-natalie-messier/
This readathon looks super fun! I loved the bingo cards and you actually did an amazing job 😍 I think I counted 6 bingos? In any case, the main thing is you had fun and you got out of the dreaded reading slump!! 🤗
And I totally get it when it comes to watching shows you love - I recently started rewatching The Musketeers and I literally can't keep my eyes of the screen even though I know the whole plot lol Rewatching things should count as therapy 😂
You're so good! There was a time I could have done a read-a-thon, but these days I rarely have days that I just get to sit around my house. Like Supernatural, there are shows for me that I put on in the "background" but get sucked in even when I plan to read, lol. Great job though!
ReplyDeletehttps://lisalovesliterature.bookblog.io/2026/07/06/e-galley-review-every-version-of-you-by-natalie-messier/
This readathon looks super fun! I loved the bingo cards and you actually did an amazing job 😍 I think I counted 6 bingos? In any case, the main thing is you had fun and you got out of the dreaded reading slump!! 🤗
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally get it when it comes to watching shows you love - I recently started rewatching The Musketeers and I literally can't keep my eyes of the screen even though I know the whole plot lol Rewatching things should count as therapy 😂