Sunday, June 7, 2020

Sunday Post #248: The Last Book Box... For Now



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Work, work, work. My night shift/sleep schedule is going pretty good. I'm still behind on my reviews. Still trying to climb out of my reading/blogging slump too. Cleaned out the boy's room which was a hot mess. It was tedious but also very satisfying. Uhhh, I think that's it? I feel like it was a busy week even though I did mostly nothing? Lol.

idk

Surprisingly, this week I practiced my Japanese on Rosetta Stone quite a bit! I finished Unit 5 and I think I finished lesson 1 of Unit 6. I've been using Rosetta Stone on and off since last August, and I am halfway through with the units! On Duolingo I'm currently working on a lesson about weather and omg, it's kinda easy? It's so satisfying when you start to understand things here and there.



What I've been watching:

I started re-watching Supernatural from season 1... I have not done this for a while and I am loving it! Season 1 is just so good because it's definitely the more spooky season out of all of them. And omg look at them! They're babies! Lol

Season 1 Promotional Photos Part 2 | SUPERNATURAL PICTURES

Nail art of the week:



Same manicure twice! 🤷‍♀️😂 So in the first picture I am wearing my favorite polish from Cirque Colors called Retail Therapy. It's a gorgeous neon pink I have not been able to find a dupe for. This past week when I went to Fred Meyer for groceries, I quickly passed by the make up section because I miss browsing for make up okay?! Don't judge me! (I was wearing my mask, it's cool). Anyway, I was looking at the nail polishes and I was wearing Retail Therapy on my nails so I was able to hold up my hand to compare the colors, and Watermelon from Essie came pretty close! I don't usually buy main stream polishes (this is actually the only Essie polish I own at the moment. Lol); Indie brands are the way to go! But this one isn't bad. However, it's definitely not as neon as I would like 😞 Anyway, after all the cleaning and tidying my nails were absolutely ruined so I had to redo them, hence why the same mani twice. Lol.

Online

Posted this week:

#198: Idk...

Book Haul

Freebies:

One Foot in the Grave (The Mortician's Daughter, #1)

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Bought:



The last of the Chain of Gold book boxes came in, and this is what I got! I really loved everything! The book has a gorgeous jacket with artwork of Will and Tessa's wedding you can slip over the original one. The box also came with an art print of Will and Tessa's wedding night which is 😍 It also came with what I am calling a rune makeup bag because let's be honest, that's probably what I would keep in it 😂 And there's also a super soft blanket, an awesome t-shirt, a journal, a key chain, and a bookplate! Overall, I am really happy with this box! I love it!


Gifted? Stole?



This past week we Marie Kondo-ed my brothers's room, as I mentioned. And among the mess I found this book that belonged to one of my brothers. He wasn't going to keep it so I gladly took it and welcomed it into my library. This book has actually been on my tbr list for a while, and I didn't even know it was sitting around in my freaking house! 😂


Library Loot:

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires

I don't know why, but I've been in the mood for vampires lately. I haven't been into vampires since my Twilight phase 10 years ago, but here we go. Lol.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I've been in a major reading and blogging slump too. It's been ... ugh! I hope I get past it soon!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! Hopefully you'll be able to find your way out!

      Delete