Tuesday, December 19, 2023

2024 Reading Challenges


I may have gone a bit overboard with the challenges again this year 🫣


2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Liliana has read 2 books toward her goal of 52 books.
hide

First up, like always, is the Goodreads reading challenge! In previous years, my goal has always been set somewhere between 75-90 books and I usually achieve that goal, but just barely. My goal is to eventually get to 100 books, but this year I'm going to attempt something a little different: I'm setting my goal to 52 books. Why? Because that's one book a week and an easily attainable goal. I want to take it easy this year and just see how many books I can read naturally, without rushing at the end of the year. Lol.

January:

1. Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds #3) by Jennifer Estep
2. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
3. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
4. Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes
5. The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
6. I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy

February:

7. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
8. Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone #2) by Leigh Bardugo
9. Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo
10. From Below by Darcy Coates
11. Raiders of the Lost Heart by Jo Segura

March:

12. With a Little Luck (Fortuna Beach #2) by Marissa Meyer
13. The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett
14. Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen
15. The Spy and I (My Spy #1) Tiana Smith
16. The Wizard's Mark by Janette Rallison
17. The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan

April:

18. A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine
19. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
20. Sun Spot Remover (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #5) by Julia Huni
21. The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan
22. Rule of Wolves (King of Scars #2) by Leigh Bardugo
23. Miracle Mountain (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #20) by J.L. Bryan
24.
25.


52 books in 52 weeks Reading Challenge

The challenge: Read 52 books in 52 weeks.

I did this challenge back in 2022 and I really enjoyed it! I didn't do it this year, and honestly, I felt so off the entire year whenever a week went by and I hadn't read a single book. So I'm doing it again! And I'm so glad I found this challenge in particular because every other 52 books in 52 weeks challenge out there have prompts attached to them, and as a mood reader, I just can't do that. So this is the challenge for me 🥰
  1. [01/01/24] Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds #3) by Jennifer Estep
  2. [01/07/24] Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  3. [01/14/24] Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  4. [01/21/24] Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes
  5. [01/28/24] The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
  6. [02/04/24] Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  7. [02/11/24] Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo
  8. [02/18/24] From Below by Darcy Coates
  9. [02/25/24] Raiders of the Lost Heart by Jo Segura
  10. [03/03/24] With a Little Luck (Fortuna Beach #2) by Marissa Meyer
  11. [03/10/24] Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen
  12. [03/17/24] The Spy and I (My Spy #1) Tiana Smith
  13. [03/24/24] The Wizard's Mark by Janette Rallison
  14. [03/31/24] The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan
  15. [04/07/24] A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine
  16. [04/14/24] Sun Spot Remover (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #5) by Julia Huni
  17. [04/21/24] Rule of Wolves (King of Scars #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  18. [04/28/24]


A to Z and Back Again

The challenge: Read a book with a character whose name starts with the letter.

I love a good A to Z challenge (as you will see below 😆)! I thought this one would be fun to do because not only is it A to Z, but then you have to go back from Z to A! And I really love the flexibility of this challenge because you can pick author's name, book's title, or literally whatever you want to complete the challenge. I went with character names because I thought that would be fun.

Alina Starkov [Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo]
Barkley, Dove [The Spy and I (My Spy #1) Tiana Smith]
C
Darkling [Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo]
Eli [The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett]
F
G
H
I
Jude [With a Little Luck (Fortuna Beach #2) by Marissa Meyer]
K
Lantsov, Nikolai [King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo]
Mal Oretsev [Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone #2) by Leigh Bardugo]
Nicholas Fear [A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine]
Ophelia Bray [Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes]
Percy Jackson [The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan]
Q
Ronan [The Wizard's Mark by Janette Rallison]
Socorro Mejia [Raiders of the Lost Heart by Jo Segura]
Triana Moore [Sun Spot Remover (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #5) by Julia Huni]
U
Vanna [From Below by Darcy Coates]
Wylan Van Eck [Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo]
X
Y
Zane Zimmer [Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds #3) by Jennifer Estep]
Zenik, Nina [Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo]
Y
X
W
Valdez, Leo [The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan]
U
T
S
R
Q
P
O
Nazyalensky, Zoya [Rule of Wolves (King of Scars #2) by Leigh Bardugo]
M
L
K
J
I
H
G
F
Ellie Jordan [Miracle Mountain (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #20) by J.L. Bryan]
D
C
B
A



The challenge: To read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet. You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles—The First Main Word Needs To Be The Letter You Are Counting, except for that pesky Q, X, and Z titles, then the word that starts with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.

Like I said, I love a good alphabet reading challenge 😅 This one is for titles!

A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine
B
Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
D
E
From Below by Darcy Coates
Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes
H
I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
J
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
Lost Hero, The (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan
Miracle Mountain (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #20) by J.L. Bryan
Nightmare Charade, The (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett
Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds #3) by Jennifer Estep
P
Q
Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan
U
V
Woman in Me, The by Britney Spears
X
Y
Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen



The challenge: To read one book that has an author whose first name, middle, or last name starts with every letter of the alphabet.

And what's one more A to Z reading challenge? 😅 This one is for author names!

Arnett, Mindee [The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3)]
Bardugo, Leigh [Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2)]
C
Darcy Coates [From Below]
E
F
G
Huni, Julia [Sun Spot Remover (Tales of a Former Space Janitor #5)]
I
Jennifer Estep [Only Hard Problems (Galactic Bonds #3)]
Kang, Lydia & Nate Pedersen [Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases]
Leigh Bardugo [Six of Crows]
McCurdy, Jennette [I'm Glad My Mom Died]
N
O
P
Q
Rallison, Janette [The Wizard's Mark]
S.A. Barnes [Ghost Station]
Tiana Smith [The Spy and I (My Spy #1)]
U
V
W
X
Y
Z



The challenge: To read books on your TBR. The book must have been published in 2023 or earlier. And I am including the added challenge that these books already have to be on my TBR. If I add them in 2024, they don't count.

I'm always looking for challenges to help me with my backlog of books, so I'm gonna give this challenge a try this year. I think I'm going to attempt to read at least 30 backlist books in 2024.
  1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  2. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  3. The Woman in Me by Britney Spears
  4. I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
  5. The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett
  6. Patient Zero: A Curious History of the World's Worst Diseases by Lydia Kang & Nate Pedersen
  7. A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine



The challenge: To read books where the main theme is books (reading them, writing them, hoarding them, stealing them, eating them, burning them, decorating with them, organizing them, sniffing them, selling them, etc.). Any book that is essentially bookish in nature counts.

This one seemed very cute and fun! And I actually bought a couple of books about books in 2023, so this one is perfect! I think I'm going to attempt for at least 5 books.

Level chosen: Toe in the Door — 1-10 books read



The challenge: To read books you have owned before January 1, 2024.

I haven't been reaching my goal on this challenge for like the last two years, so I'm sticking to 36 books again and hope for the best 😅

Level chosen: Mt. Vancouver — Read 36 books from your TBR pile.
  1. The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett
  2. The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1) by Rick Riordan
  3. A New Fear (Fear Street Sagas #1) by R.L. Stine
  4. The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan



The challenge: Read your Netgalley/Edelweiss books.

I'm pretty good at reading ARCs I get immediately, but I've had some that have just sat there for years, and those are the ones I need to focus on. In 2023 I managed to read 7 books, so in 2024 I'm going to stick with the same level and attempt 10 books.

Level chosen: Bronze — 10 Netgalley/Edelweiss books.
  1. Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes



The challenge: Read a book fitting the prompt for every month of the year.

This challenge is a bit different than the one from last year, but it still looks like fun! This one has more of a flow chart look to it, so I'm excited to give it a try.
  1. Read a book with a dog on the cover: Rule of Wolves (King of Scars #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  2. Read a book under 250 pages
  3. Read a book with more than two POVs
  4. Read a book where the MC has red hair



The challenge: To read the last book in a series.

I always do some sort of finish-the-series challenge because I am so bad at, you know, finishing series 😆 I did okay in 2023 and finished 9 series, so I'm hoping to read at least that in 2024.

Level chosen: Level 2 — 5–10 series enders
  1. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
  2. Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo
  3. The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett
  4. Rule of Wolves (King of Scars #2) by Leigh Bardugo


Reading Challenge Addict

The challenge: Enter and complete reading challenges.

And the last reading challenge is about completing reading challenges. Lol. Wish me luck because in 2023... things didn't go that great 😆

Level chosen: On the Roof — 6-10 Challenges (Entered & Completed)



I love discussion posts so I always look forward to this challenge!

Level chosen: Gift of the Gab – 41+ discussion posts


I think that's it? 😅 I seem to always overdo it with the challenges and then I do terribly on all of them. Lol. But it's fun, so it doesn't matter 😆

Let me know what reading challenges you'll be joining in 2024!

9 comments:

  1. wow..that is...one impressive list 😂 I myself am not as brave and actually reduced the number of challenges this year from 3 to 2 😅 I used to do the popsugar one but their prompts are too specific and my moody reader brain can't do it. This year I'm doing the Key Word challenge and the A to Z one because they have some guidelines but they don't feel too restricting, if you know what I mean 😂 although, the mount TBR challenge looks fun, so I might join that one too 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I typically regret the amount of challenges I decided to participate in by October 😅

      Delete
  2. What a list of challenges. I've not heard of some. I'll have to check them out. I already picked a few challenges for 2024. Good Luck and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to 52 books. I'm tempted to join the Bookish Challenge since I read a lot of books about books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join us! Join us! Join us! The Bookish Books RC is lots of fun. You really should join in :)

      Delete
  4. Ha ha. I'm the same way! I always take on too many challenges, but I just love doing them. It's hard to resist doing them ALL. At any rate, I'm so glad you're joining in with the Bookish Books Reading Challenge. I can't wait to see what you read for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like joining the challenges is more fun for me that actually completing them... which is a good thing because I'm SO bad at finishing challenges! 😂

      Delete