Thursday, June 25, 2020

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2020 (So Far)



We're somehow halfway through with the year, and I'm not gonna lie, with everything that's been going on, my reading has not been going great. I started the year off strong but then March happened and my mood to read just plummeted. Exhibit A:



To go from having read 22 books in February, to 3 books in March is insane! I haven't been able to get my groove back just yet, but I am reading a little. Oh, and Goodreads is not helping with its whole, "You're 8 books behind schedule" thing 🙄😭 😂



All that being said, let's take a look at some of the books I've loved so far this year!


MaliceSal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi, #1)Lock Every Door

Malice was incredible! It had a suprising sci-fi twist and the mystery was very intriguing!

Sal and Gabi Break the Universe was a really fun MG novel! It had parallel universes and fun POC characters... I loved it!

And Lock Every Door was a very intriguing adult mystery/thriller with an awesome plot twist!

How to Hang a Witch (How to Hang a Witch, #1)Sisters of Salt and Iron (The Sisters of Blood and Spirit, #2)Tales from the Gas Station: Volume TwoScary Mary (Scary Mary, #1)

How to Hang a Witch, as the title suggests, was about witches... witches descended from those accused in the Salem Witch Trials AND a descendant of the accuser! It had magic and curses and swoon-worthy boys! 🥰

Sisters of Sal and Iron is the sequel to Sisters of Blood and Spirit and it's basically about two sisters, one who is dead and one who is not but can see the dead. It had lots of ghosts and ghost hunting and a very complex sibling relationship... it was just great! And a huge plus was the addition of Greek mythology in this one... I was not expecting it, but you bet I loved it!

Tales from the Gas Station Volume 2 is basically about a gas station in the middle of nowhere where weird things happen. It's a great horror comedy and I highly recommend it!

Scary Mary is another book with ghosts. In this one Mary can hear the dead. As you can see, this is one of my favorite tropes. Lol. And Mary was great! She was sarcastic and awesome!

Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss, #1: Fear Street Super Chiller, #3)The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #12)Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)

Fear Street! What kind of post would this be if I didn't include at least one? 😂 I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Goodnight Kiss. I'm not super into vampires anymore, but this one was GOOD! It's basically about some friends who are on vacation and two of them are slowly being turned into vampires and this guy is trying to save them... it was fun. Lol.

More ghosts! I love the Ellie Jordan series so I was very excited for the latest release! The Necromancer's Library was pretty cool because it takes place in a HUGE library! It was great!

And last is another book that no one should be surprised made the list because I love anything Shadowhunter Chronicles lol, Lord of Shadows! It was SO good! Heartbreaking, but good! Lol. We actually got quite a bit of Clary and Jace in the beginning and lots of Magnus and Alec toward the end... I wasn't expecting them to show up so much, but I certainly welcomed it. Lol. I love them! I also do love these new characters. Emma and Julian are just 😍


How are you guys doing reading-wise? In general? Hope you're all doing well and staying safe! Let me know what some of your favorite books have been so far this year! 😊

2 comments:

  1. I loved Malice too! I think it was one of my biggest surprises this year because it was even better than I expected it to be!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete