Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday Post #367: The Real Horror was the Isolation


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So I tested positive for covid 🙃 After 3 years of evading it, it finally caught up to me. Luckily my symptoms weren't that bad. It mostly felt like I had a sinus infection, which wasn't fun. But what was worse was the isolation. I like my me time, but even this was too much. But it's been a week and I just took another test and it came back negative 😌 I still have a lingering cough, which always happens when I have a cough, so I'm probably gonna have it for the next 3 weeks 🙃 It always overstays its welcome. Ugh. Lol.

What I've been watching:

So how'd I spend the week? Watching an ungodly amount of horror movies 😆 This year I wanted to do the 31 Days of Halloween thing where you watch a horror movie every day of October, but I got a head start. I love horror movies but have not really watched a lot of anything this year. But this past week all my head could take is some mindless TV. Here's what I watched.

The Pope's Exorcist (liked!), Killer Book Club (did not like, too predictable), Re/Member (liked for the most part), The Boogeyman (it was fine), The Meg 2 (loved! So much fun!), Insidious (it was fine), Lullaby (pretty good, liked the lore), Prey for the Devil (it was fine), Bring It On: Cheer or Die (terrible. Lol).

And this isn't even all of it because, at a certain point, I just stopped keeping track 😂 I also finally watched season one of One of Us is Lying and I liked it! I obviously liked the book more, but it was a pretty solid adaptation.


What I've been playing:

And besides horror movies, I also played a lot of The Sims 4. So much. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★★
★★★☆☆
★★★☆☆


Other posts from this week:

#333: Dark and Spooky
#27: Mysteries and Gods


Ongoing giveaway:


Book Haul

For Review:


A new book in the Space Janitor universe! I'm so excited!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment