Saturday, September 30, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: September 2023


The best month of the year is almost here!! I am SO excited for October and all the spookiness it has to offer! September was good though. Lol. I read 6 novels and 3 novellas, for a total of 2356 pages, which is only like 50 more pages than last month. Lol.
  • 3 books were a re-reads
  • 8 were part of a series and 1 was a standalone
  • 5 were ARCs and 4 were finished copies
  • 2 were hardcovers and 7 were ebooks
  • 4 were 5-star reads, 4 were 4-star reads, and 1 was 3 stars
  • 1 book was by new-to-me authors/previously read, and 8 I've previously read
  • 4 were indie published, and 5 traditionally published
  • 4 were adult and 5 YA
  • 3 were urban fantasy, 1 sci-fi, 4 mystery thrillers, 1 horror

Books read this month:


I started off the month with a bunch of horror and mystery thrillers. Monster Boys & Slasher Girls is an anthology, but none of the stories really impressed me. They were super messed up though, so there's that. Lol.

One of Us is Next was so good! I love One of Us is Lying and I am so glad that the sequel was just as good!

As Good As Dead though... I liked it, but compared to how much I loved the first two books in the series, it was kinda disappointing. Pip made some very questionable decisions that I just did not vibe with. Kill Joy was a fun prequel though! I loved that it was set at a murder mystery party and that Pip was taking it all so seriously. Lol.

And then I took a little detour from the spooky books and read an ARC of a sci-fi book. And I loved it! I love the Space Janitor Universe, so I always have a blast when I read one of these books!


And then I read another ARC, this one urban fantasy, and it was a collection of Elemental Assassin short stories (that included Haints & Hobwebs and Carniepunk: Parlor Tricks). I had already read all of these short stories before, but I still enjoyed them this time around! I just love this world and I love Gin!

And Some Shall Break... omg it was SO good! I actually wasn't even anticipating None Shall Sleep to have a sequel, but I'm glad it did because I loved it more than the first book! It was just so crazy and intense and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

Favorite book of the month:


(Not including re-reads...) These two mystery thrillers were SO good!! I loved them!

Least favorite book of the month:


None of the books I read were bad, per se... none were given under 3 stars, but this one just did not impress me 🤷‍♀️

Books reviewed this month:


Warcross by Marie Lu | ★★★★☆
Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu | ★★★☆☆
Write Your Own Cake: A Worldbuilding Essay by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Spider and Frost (Elemental Assassin #19.6, Mythos Academy #6.5) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Survive the Night by Riley Sager | ★★☆☆☆


Baking All Year Round: Holidays & Special Occasions by Rosanna Pansino | ★★★★★
Midnight Games (Fear Street Nights #2) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
Darkest Dawn (Fear Street Nights #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆
A Midsummer Night #nofilter (OMG Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare & Brett Wright | ★★★☆☆
Contagion by Erin Bowman | ★★★★☆


A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson | ★★★★★
Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder #2) by Holly Jackson | ★★★★★
None Shall Sleep by Ellie Marney | ★★★★☆
Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess (Olympians #2) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Dark Quasar Rising (Friends of a Former Space Janitor #1) by Julia Huni | ★★★★☆

Other posts:


#27: Mysteries and Gods
Summer TBR Update



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment