Monday, July 17, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #325: Reading ALL the Books at Once


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


One of my goals this year is to catch up on some Rachel Vincent books, specifically finish two series I've previously started. The Soul Screamers series is one of them and I finally started my re-read of the series this week! I first read this series 10+ years ago, so a re-read is definitely necessary. And I am happy to report that I loved My Soul to Lose just as much as I did all those years ago! I actually think I may love it even more than I did back then! I really missed this world.

I also read You're Not Supposed to Die Tonight... I loved the premise, but I didn't really love the direction the book went in with its story. Idk what it was about it. I just wanted a good old-fashioned Jason Voorhees- type causing chaos, but it was not that at all. That's not to say it was a terrible book, because it wasn't. It just wasn't what I was expecting.

And last, I read a collection of romantic suspense short stories by Janette Rallison! I love this author's romance books, and these three stories were so much fun! The last one, A Brush with the Law, was definitely my favorite! It was so cute!


Currently reading:


I'm a couple chapters into the first book of the Soul Screamers series (My Soul to Lose is a prequel), and I am loving it! It's just so good! And I'm intrigued! I honestly don't remember much about this series, only that I loved it, and that's working out well for me. Lol. I also really love Nash, so I'm enjoying the romance between Kaylee and him.

I'm also reading Four Dead Queens, which is an epic/high fantasy YA book about a girl who's a thief that steals something from a messenger that turns out to have evidence that all four of their queens are, well, dead. Lol. I'm only about 25% into this book, but I like this so far! The premise and world in general are intriguing, and I'm excited to find out why/who killed the queens.

And then I got an ARC of War and Flesh and Metal and I am very excited! It's the last book in a sci-fi trilogy and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything wraps up! I just started this one last night so I haven't gotten too far into it, but so far so good!


Up next:


I'm going to try to focus on the books I'm currently reading, cause honestly, I have a lot of them going at once. Lol. After that, we'll see what I pick up. Lol. Here's to hoping I don't start another one even though I'm tempted too 😆 And it's for no other reason than I just want to read ALL the things... all at once 😅 Lol.


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I think You're Not Supposed to Die Tonight could have better too. It wasn't bad, but it just felt like it lacked something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! It definitely lacked... something.

      Delete