Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday Post #213: So Many Updates!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

For just over a year I've been working every other weekend, but this week was my first week back on the Mon-Fri schedule and I could not be more happy! I finally have all my weekends back! Yay! I'm already planning a trip to Scarywood next month! (You can see my very first Scarywood experience here!)

In other news, I don't think I ever showed you guys my new Kindle cover...



It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it's grown on me. It's cute!

Hair update: so I washed my hair about 3 times this past week, and every time I washed my hair I used the extreme purple daily conditioner and it helped turn my hair from that reddish/magenta, to the magenta/purple I was looking for! I am really loving this color!



It' Saturday night as I write this, but if I can get a better picture in the sunlight tomorrow I will post it!

Learning Japanese update: I finished unit 3 a couple days ago and... I did pretty bad.



Looking at this first glance, it doesn't look that bad, but comparing it to the other 2 units, I did bad on this one! I had only gotten 1 X on unit one, but on this unit I got 4! What's even more surprising is that I'm usually really good at the vocab, and I even got an X on one of those lessons 😩 Man, this language is tricky! At this point I haven't don't that final Milestone test thing; I'm first gonna go through all the lessons until I get 100% on everything! I will get this! Lol.

What I've been watching:

Blue Exorcist

I'm still in the middle of Fullmetal Alchemist, but I also started Blue Exorcist and so far I like it, too! It's funny and I really like the concept. I'm only a couple of episodes in though.

What I've been listening to:

Fall Out Boy has a new song and I love it!!!



Nail art of the week:



Some bookish nail art, which you can check out in full here!

Online

Reviews posted this week:

The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1) Snared (Elemental Assassin, #16)


Other Posts:

#168: Hits and Misses... Well, One Miss



#31: Superheroes and Exorcisms!




Ongoing Giveaway:


Book Haul

Freebies:

Gargoyle Huntress (Harlow's Demons #1)

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]

Mindjack Short Story Collection (Mindjack Origins #1-5)

This one I got for subscribing to author's newsletter. I just finished reading the first book in the series and I really enjoyed it! I love this world!


For Review:

Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)

Thank you so much to Harper Voyager! Jennifer Estep is one of my favorite authors and I am very excited to read this! It's the last book in her fantasy series, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it wraps up!


Library Loot:



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I worked Mon - Fri for over 25 years. Now I'm having to work weekends. At least it's day shifts. And I love your hair. Such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was doing day shifts too, but I just don't like working weekends 😅 I'm glad to be back on this schedule.

      Delete