Saturday, September 7, 2019

Finish the Series! #1 + Why I'm So Bad at Finishing Series



So I'm sitting here, it's Sunday afternoon, and I am surrounded by books, deciding what to read next...

I decided on Bleach vol. 70 1st, then Fear Park, and then Fairest!
I may have read all of these by now, actually 😏

...when I realized that all of these books are part of a series I need to finish and that I am almost done with! In The Lunar Chronicles I just need to read Fairest, Winter, and one more story in Stars Above; in Bleach I only have 5 volumes left, and because it's a manga, they're a very fast read; and Fear Park is a trilogy so I just need to read the last two books in the series.

So why am I so bad at finishing series?! 😩

I've mentioned this A LOT around here, but one of the main reasons is because I'm a mood reader. My mood just changes all the time. But another reason, especially when it comes to The Lunar Chronicles and Bleach, is because I just don't want the series to end! 😩

But that needs to stop! Especially because I am SO behind on my Serial Reader Challenge!



I challenged myself to finish at least SEVEN series this year and I've literally only finished ONE so far! In the past I've done these Random Reads posts where I would randomly choose a series to finish, but that hasn't worked out that well for me, me being a mood reader and all. So I decided that I would just pick a couple of series I'm in the mood for every so often and then post about it to really cement in that commitment 😅

Soooo besides the three series I previously mentioned...

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Bleach, Volume 01 The First Scream (Fear Park, #1)

I also want to finish the following series sometime soon:

Avalon (Avalon, #1) My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) The Evil Moon (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #1) The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1)

Because I'm currently reading The Lunar Chronicles, I'm still very much in the mood for sci-fi, and Avalon immediately came to mind! I remember really loving it when I first read it all those years ago, and it's only a duology so it should be a pretty quick read!

Oooh, Soul Screamers... I've been thinking about this series A LOT! There are 7 books in this series and I literally only have ONE book before I'm done with it! However, because it's been YEARS since I last read it, I'm gonna re-read the WHOLE thing, which I'm honestly excited for! I love this series!

The Cataluna Chronicles is another series I've been thinking about a lot lately... I've actually been wanting to read it since last year! Hopefully I will make that happen sometime soon!

And last is The Ghost and the Goth, another series where I only had one more book to read before I finished it. This series just kinda jumped out at me when I was looking through my list of series I need to finish. I remember loving it, so hopefully I'll get to this one too!


Hopefully I'll be able to get to these before my mood changes... again. Lol. But I will keep you updated!

Let me know if you struggle with finishing series too 😅 Are there any series in particular you'd like to finish sometime soon? Any series I've mentioned that you've read before? Let me know below!

4 comments:

  1. I’m terrible at finishing series too, and I think that’s because I’m also a mood reader. The Lunar Chronicles is one I have to finish as well. I read Cinder literally years ago, and have just never got round to reading the rest of the series!
    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't typically mind me and my mood reading, but I have to admit I sometimes get annoyed at myself because I just can't finish series! Lol. Mood reading and being a completionist just do not mix. Lol.

      You'll have to get back to it soon because that series is just amazing!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm absolutely terrible at finishing series too---it's ridiculous! Challenges have helped me, but that doesn't solve the problem completely. Like you, I'm sometimes a major mood reader.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Challenges sometimes help... but sometimes I ignore them because I'm not in the mood to read any of those particular books 😅 lol.

      Delete