Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sunday Post #376: Exhausted But Excited


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I don't know why, but this week was exhausting... even though I only worked half days all week 😆 I would literally get home and take a nap. Lol. I started taking vitamin D because that might be the reason why I'm so tired lately, so we'll see if that works.

But aside from that... I haven't been doing much. I did take my car to get the pressure in my tires checked because the light on my dashboard went on. I thought it might be because of the cold and they just needed a bit more air, but apparently one of my tires had a leak? So then I had to leave my car that afternoon, but thankfully it's all fixed now.

What I've been listening to:

I cannot stop listening to the new blink-182 album! It's so freaking good! I've also been listening to What Love by Idk How and I love that song as well! I'm excited for the new album! And of course, I've been listening to the songs Unlike Pluto has been putting out every week, and they're all somehow great! These last two in particular have been very relatable for me 😩


"Black Lotus is about wanting people you love in your life, but not having to constantly go out or hang out with them. Loving them from a distance :)" -Unlike Pluto


"Clouded is a song about someone in your life that you can't act normally around. This person either makes you angry, sad, or anything that isn't normally you - and you have to find your inner peace amongst the chaos." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

Still on The Sim 4 train. I didn't take that many screenshots this week. My Super Sim is currently a Master Vampire and I'm trying to get all the vampire powers from the abilities tree, but it's taking me a while to do that. And she's also doing the doctor career, and I found that I like this career less than the detective one. I loved the detective career! One thing that cracks me up from the doctor career though is when they examine a patient and check their ears, this happens:


The way you can see the light come out through the other ear 😂 I guess this confirms there's nothing going on in those Sims brains 😆

I also started a new game save and I'm really excited! I'm planning to do this sort of legacy gameplay, it's kind of a challenge, but I'm not doing any challenge in particular, just something I made up myself. This first Sims, her goal is also the complete the doctor career, but also max out the baking skill. I'm gonna get her married and I think I'm gonna have the husband do the scientist career so he can hopefully be abducted by an alien 😆 And here's a screenshot from that gameplay where Mortimer Goth is happily thinking about trash? I don't even know 😂


Online

Book reviewed this week:

★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#342: Officially Back On Sci-Fi
(But Maybe I Read Them This Year?)


Book Haul

Purchased:


I bought a book from Jennifer Estep and it got here this weekend! These last couple of years she's been doing these sorts of Holiday sales where you can order directly from her and she'll sign the books for you. I actually own pretty much all of her books, mostly in ebook format. I get ARCs of her books but then I buy them myself because I re-read her books all the time! But I wanted a paperback of this one because it includes Spider and Frost in it, which is by far my favorite book I read this year! It was just SO GOOD! And I am so happy to have this in my physical collection!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. My tire light went on due to the cold too. On Tuesday, I'm hoping to get the light shut off when I get an oil change. Though it's cold and could go on again. I hope the Vitamin D helps you be less tired. I didn't realize that could cause fatigue. Another thing to check is if your thyroid isn't functioning right. I take Synthroid every day for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, lack of Vitamin D can do that. And the thyroid thing... yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Hopefully it's not, but I'm gonna keep an eye on things.

      Delete