Thursday, November 30, 2023

Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2023


November was such a weird month for me because I feel like I was on a borderline slump the entire time, but I still read! So 🤷‍♀️ Lol. I read a total of 9 books, which was about 1800 pages overall (and 1000 pages MORE than last month!)
  • 4 were novels and 5 were novellas
  • 8 were part of a series and 1 was a standalone
  • 1 was an ARC and 8 were finished copies
  • All 9 were ebooks
  • And all were also 4-star reads for me
  • 8 were indie-published and 1 traditionally published
  • All of them were by authors I've previously read
  • 8 were adult books and 1 YA
  • 8 were sci-fi and 1 was a contemporary romance

Books read this month:


This month was a Julia Huni kind of month, which is always a good month in my book 😆 I love her books! I read a Colonial Explorer Corps prequel, so now, I am officially caught up on that series! That series is exactly as it sounds: it's about explorers discovering and, well, exploring new planets. Lol. Then I binge read the entirety of the Krimson Empire series... all four books and three novellas. Lol. I clearly enjoyed it 😆 I am just loving sci-fi lately. Lol. This series about Quinn, who was left behind to die with other military spouses during this sort of evacuation. She was then accused of being a spy and of treason after she got herself and others off the asteroid. With the help of her friend Tony, she escapes once again and sets out to get her children back from her terrible, terrible husband.


And then I randomly read a YA contemporary romance. Lol. Such a weird list this month 😂 But Betting on You was so freaking cute! And I expected nothing less! I read two Lynn Painter books last year and loved them! And I loved this one too! The banter was fun and the romance was so cute! I loved it!

Favorite book of the month:

Honestly, idk. I liked them all pretty equally? 😅 lol

Least favorite book of the month:

None! I enjoyed them all!

Books reviewed this month:


Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | ★★★★☆
Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle #2) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | ★★★★★
Aurora's End (The Aurora Cycle #3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff | ★★★★☆
Stings and Stones: An Elemental Assassin Short Story Collection by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★

Other posts:




(But Maybe I Read Them This Year?)
My AMBITIOUS End of the Year TBR


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment