Saturday, December 10, 2022

2022 End of the Year Freak Out Tag


I'm a big fan of the Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag, and I was so happy when I found this tag last year!  I only used books that I read from July until now. This tag was modified by Books, Bones & Buffy.

Best Books I’ve Read Since July:

  

I cannot say enough good things about Only Bad Options! It's this mix of sci-fi and fantasy, plus you've got the enemies-to-lovers trope going on and it was just 😍

The Night Shift was a really good murder mystery, and I found myself trying to guess who the killer was all the way till the end! I'm looking forward to reading more mystery thrillers from this author!

Omg is that a contemporary on my list?? 😱 I loved The Do-Over!! It was so freaking cute and I really liked the characters, the arc they went through, and of course, the romance 😍 It was SO good!

Best Sequels I’ve Read Since July:

   

You guys know I love anything by Jennifer Estep, so you know I loved Sugar Plum Spies πŸ˜†

And you also know I love anything Shadowhunter-related, especially if it has Malec involved 😍

And Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper is one of my favorite series, so I am always happy when a new book in the series is released.

And the I Hunt Killers series is just so interesting to me, and I particularly enjoyed the set up regarding all the kills. I just love how Jazz was able to figure it all out! He's so smart! It's unfortunate he had a really messed up childhood 😬

New Releases I Haven’t Read But Want To:

   

Those first three are mystery thrillers/murder mysteries, and I'm pretty sure I had them all from the library at one point or another this year. I just never read them because my freaking mood would not cooperate!! They all sound really good though!

And I cannot wait to get my special edition of Cursed! I got the Fairy Loot edition, though I don't think I'm going to be getting it till next year πŸ˜” I need to know what happens to Gild and Serilda!!

Biggest Disappointments:


This is the only book I've given 2 stars to this year. The whole amnesia thing was frustrating as hell! I was really enjoying this book until that trope decided to make an appearance πŸ™„

Biggest Surprises:

  

Paola Santiago and the River of Tears was surprising because I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I mean, I didn't NOT like it, but it just wasn't what I was expecting for some reason. Idk... There just wasn't enough Llorona in it for my liking, I guess πŸ˜†

The Earth Concurrence was surprising because I was not expecting characters from the author's post-apocalyptic series (Recycled World) to show up in this one!! It was a nice surprise, but it also made me put this book on hold for MONTHS because I was wanting to go read that prequel series before finishing this in order to avoid spoilers. Anyway, that didn't happen and I ended up finishing this up regardless πŸ˜†

I don't read a lot of contemporary romances, so me requesting an ARC of The Do-Over was a surprise in and of itself πŸ˜† But the premise intrigued me! I apparently really like books with time loops, or something. Lol. So because of that, I was hoping I was going to enjoy it. I mean, I read two contemporaries earlier this year and gave them 4 stars. But not only did I enjoy The Do-Over, I LOVED it!! It was just so good! And I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed it! It was just so cute and it had me grinning like a crazy person through out the whole thing! I am certainly looking forward to reading more books from this author!

Favorite New Authors:

  

I really enjoyed Into the Drowning Deep! I love the concept of killer mermaids, and that was done here really well! Plus, it had a lot of science, which I also enjoyed. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author!

Six Wakes I also really enjoyed! It was basically a murder mystery in space involving clones and it was just really well done! The way the characters were connected to one another was insane! Plus, the book just talked about a lot of very interesting, ethical things. I'll definitely be reading more sci-fi from this author!

I read The Do-Over and Better Than The Movies by Lynn Painter, both of which are contemporaries, and I LOVED them!! They were so freaking cute! And I'm honestly really excited to read more contemporaries from her! (I know, I'm shocked at my own proclamation too πŸ˜†)

Books That Made Me Cry:


I don't think a book has made me cry this last half of the year, but this book with its ending came pretty close.

Books That Made Me Happy:

  

A sci-fi/fantasy/romance from Jennifer Estep? Umm, YES PLEASE! This came at especially the prefect time because all I've been wanting lately is sci-fi. So yes, this made me very happy. Lol.

The Lost Book of the White... Omg this book 😍 First of all, I LOVE Magnus and Alec! So that plus the fact that the TMI gang got back together to look for this book made my heart very happy! It was so nice to see Izzy, Simon, Clary, and Jace together again after so long!

The Do-Over was so freaking cute, I cannot get over it!! It just had me grinning and I really loved the romance!

Most Anticipated Books For The 1st Half Of 2023:

  

The title How to Sell a Haunted House (January 17th 2023) says it all. Lol. I'm very intrigued by this one!

Chain of Thorns (January 31st 2023)! Omg it's the end! I still haven't read Chain of Iron, but I'm still excited for this one! Lol.

And I actually have an ARC of Conquer the Kingdom (March 7th 2023) which I'm super excited about! My plan is to read it first thing in 2023 though, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long πŸ˜…


Let me know what some of your favorite books of the last half of 2022 have been or what you're looking forward to early next year!

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment