Saturday, October 27, 2018

Literary Nails: Unfed (Undead #2) by Kirsty McKay



This nail art design I've been working on for a while. I actually chose the nail polish before I settled on the book and design. I ended up choosing this particular book because I thought it would be perfect for a nail polish called Zombie Crush. Lol. So, this nail art design was inspired by the second book in the Undead series, Unfed!

Unfed (Undead, #2)

goodreads

I actually really love this series! It is a really good zombie duology! I highly recommend it! Here is a little bit about the first book in the series:

Undead (Undead, #1)
Undead by Kirsty McKay

Out of sight, out of their minds: It's a school-trip splatter fest and completely not cool when the other kids in her class go all braindead on new girl Bobby.

The day of the ski trip, when the bus comes to a stop at a roadside restaurant, everyone gets off and heads in for lunch. Everyone, that is, except Bobby, the new girl, who stays behind with rebel-without-a-clue Smitty.

Then hours pass. Snow piles up. Sun goes down. Bobby and Smitty start to flirt. Start to stress. Till finally they see the other kids stumbling back.

But they've changed. And not in a good way. Straight up, they're zombies. So the wheels on the bus better go round and round freakin' fast, because that's the only thing keeping Bobby and Smitty from becoming their classmates' next meal. It's kill or be killed in these hunger games, heads are gonna roll, and homework is most definitely gonna be late.


goodreads

And here is what I came up with:



So what makes this an Unfed nail art design and not just your regular old zombie nail art? I'm glad you asked...



Boom! A chainsaw! It doesn't look great, but I did hand draw it, sooo... Lol. I keep telling you guys I'm no good a hand drawing things, but I did my best with this one. Lol. So under the chainsaw I stamped a bloody splatter thing, because... blood. Obviously. Lol.

Here are the things I used:



Base coat: Revlon - Quick Dry Base Coat (Can be found at any drug store)
Light gray base color: Nine Zero Lacquer - Ghost
Bloody accent color: Superchic Lacquer - Zombie Crush
White stamping for zombie face: Pueen - Pure White
Light gray for chainsaw: B.M.C. - So Metal
Dark gray for chainsaw: Hunter's Helper - Squirrel (Limited Edition)
Black stamping for brain: Twinkled T - Vibin'
Top coat: Superchic Lacquer - Marvel Liquid Macro Top Coat

And I used the following stamping plates and nail vinyls:





And I forgot to take pictures as I did this nail art... ooops! So I'll just show you a close up of the designs 😅



And that's pretty much it!



And there you have it! Unfed nails! What do you think? Did I nail it? 😜

2 comments:

  1. Your nails really are a work of art! And I loved the first book and would love to read Unfed. Thanks for reminding me! My sister loved the first book too. It's crazy fun stuff:)

    ReplyDelete