Friday, July 5, 2019

Literary Nails: Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards #1) by Jennifer Estep



Today I have some nail art in honor of the recent release of Protect the Prince by Jennifer Estep!

Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)

goodreads

I did this nail art back in January, actually, so I didn't have the forethought of doing it Protect the Prince themed. It's more inspired by the cover of the first book, Kill the Queen, but I think it's fitting for both!

Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
Kill the Queen by Jennifer Estep

In a realm where one’s magical power determines one’s worth, Lady Everleigh’s lack of obvious ability relegates her to the shadows of the royal court of Bellona, a kingdom steeped in gladiator tradition. Seventeenth in line for the throne, Evie is nothing more than a ceremonial fixture, overlooked and mostly forgotten.

But dark forces are at work inside the palace. When her cousin Vasilia, the crown princess, assassinates her mother the queen and takes the throne by force, Evie is also attacked, along with the rest of the royal family. Luckily for Evie, her secret immunity to magic helps her escape the massacre.

Forced into hiding to survive, she falls in with a gladiator troupe. Though they use their talents to entertain and amuse the masses, the gladiators are actually highly trained warriors skilled in the art of war, especially Lucas Sullivan, a powerful magier with secrets of his own. Uncertain of her future—or if she even has one—Evie begins training with the troupe until she can decide her next move.

But as the bloodthirsty Vasilia exerts her power, pushing Bellona to the brink of war, Evie’s fate becomes clear: she must become a fearsome gladiator herself . . . and kill the queen.


goodreads

Anyway, this is what I came up with!



It's funny because I had actually picked out the red nail polish first before I even had the book in mind. The nail polish is called Winter Affair so I thought it would be appropriate here. Not to mention the gorgeous color! Here are some close ups:



Some swords...



A castle and crowns...



And more swords because these books are action-packed like that!



And of course, I hand drew NONE of this because I suck at that. Lol. I had help from nail vinyls and stamping plates... my best friends. Lol. But I'm really happy with how it turned out!


And there you have it! Kill the Queen / Protect the Prince nails! What do you think? Did I nail it? 😜

And make sure to check out this series, especially if you love fantasy! Book two just came out this week and it's just as great as the first one! I highly recommend it!

2 comments: