Saturday, March 25, 2017

Literary Nails: Heartless by Marissa Meyer



So, this nail art happened accidentally, believe it or not. It all started when I bought a Supernatural nail polish...



Me just being my old Supernatural fangirl self...

fangirling

I wore the gorgeous red for about 5 days then I decided to do nail art on top of that 'cause I got bored. I decided to go with some 'Thorns Stencils' and black polish 'cause I thought that would look cool. And it actually did! But as I started to top coat my nails, I had to pause for a moment because the design was reminding me of something... but what? Then it hit me! But I had to hop on Goodreads just to make sure...





Oh my gods, is that not perfect?! Well, not perfect, but pretty close, right? I loved this design so much, and the fact that it was very reminiscent of the Heartless cover was a major bonus! So I wore this for a couple of days but then I decided that I wanted to add some hearts and crowns to an accent nail, but by the time I was going to do this it had already been over a week and my mani was all grown out with wear at the tips and... it just did not look cute anymore, lol. So I redid it again yesterday just for this post!



And here is a close up of that accent nail:



I thought about replicating the crown on the cover... but you all know I can't freehand AT ALL, lol. So I stuck with nail vinyls and stamping, my best nail art friends :) Here is what I used:



Base Coat: Superchic Lacquer - Bring It On!
Red Polish: Hunter's Helper - Demon Blood (Limited Quantities!)
Black Polish: Sinful Colors - Black on Black
Black Stamping Polish: PUEEN - Black Jack
Top Coat: Superchic Lacquer - Marvel Liquid Macro

For the accent nail I used a stamp of an outline of a heart from the following plate (I used the smallest heart on the 4th image on the 1st row):

Image from Bundle Monster

I also used crown nail vinyls on the same nail, and then thorn nail vinyls on the rest of my nails:

Whats Up Nails - Thorns Stencils Whats Up Nails - Princess Crowns Stencils
Images from What's Up Nails


And there you have it! Heartless nails! What do you think? Did I nail it? 😜

I am ashamed to admit that I actually have not even read this book yet, but it's been on my to-read list for a looooong time! Hopefully I will get around it soon! And if you have read this book, let me know what you thought! I'm sure it's amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh god I LOVE the nails! So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Print out the crown from the cover and cut it out with an xacto knife? LOL.
    Just kidding. The one you have already looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! And if you'd like, leave me a link to your site so I can visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...