Thursday, December 15, 2022

2023 Author Catch-Up Reading Challenge: Rachel Vincent


I love reading challenges, and this unofficial reading challenge came about when I got a newsletter from Rachel Vincent earlier this month. In this newsletter, not only did she mention that she has a book coming out next week, but that she has planned another book in the Shifters series to be released next year! What?! That is very exciting! Unfortunately for me, I am behind on said series 🙈 In fact, I am behind on Rachel Vincent's work in general! And that makes me sad because I loved her books!

In 2023, it will have been exactly TEN years since I last read a Rachel Vincent book! 10 years!! Something I find funny, in a sad sort of way, is that Rachel Vincent always manages to sneak into my posts even though I haven't read anything by her in a while. Posts like Top Authors I Own the Most Books From, which I just did in 2021!

This coming year though I really want to catch up on her work. Her Soul Screamers series was on my mind a lot last year, but I never got around to finishing it. But this coming year I'm going to make it happen! I think it'll be fun! And interesting... I'm definitely curious to see how my thoughts on her books will have changed after 10 years.


Rachel Vincent books I still need to read:

  1. Soul Screamers
    • Fearless (#0.4)
    • With All My Soul (#7)
    • Last Request (#7.5)
  2. Shifters
    • Alpha (#6)
    • Hunt (#6.5)
  3. Wildcats
    • Lion's Share (#1)
    • Blind Tiger (#2)
    • Wild Card (#3)
  4. Unbound
    • Blood Bound (#1)
    • Shadow Bound (#2)
    • Oath Bound (#3)
  5. Menagerie
    • Menagerie (#1)
    • Spectacle (#2)
    • Fury (#3)
  6. The Stars Never Rise
    • The Stars Never Rise (#1)
    • The Flame Never Dies (#2)
  7. Brave New Girl
    • Brave New Girl (#1)
    • Strange New World (#2)
  8. 100 Hours
    • 100 Hours
    • 99 Lies
  9. Standalones


I'm a big time mood reader, so I definitely wont be able to read her entire book repertoire in 2023. There are a couple books I want to focus on, though:
  1. The Soul Screamers series. I literally have ONE book (and a couple novellas) before I complete the series!! Like I said, it's been 10 years since I read one of her books, so I'll definitely have to re-read the series to refresh my mind. Which I don't mind because I love a good re-read.
  2. The Shifters series. Another series where I only have ONE book left before I complete it. Why am I like this? 🤦‍♀️ Lol. (Another re-read may be in order here as well).
  3. The Wildcats series is a spinoff/sequel series to Shifters, so of course I want to read this one.
  4. The Stars Never Rise... I own both of these books. I need to read them. Lol.
  5. Brave New Girl... I also own these.
  6. 100 Hours... and same with this series. Lol.
  7. No One is Alone... and this one just sounds interesting. Lol.
  8. Living Dead Girl also sounds interesting, and this is the one that will be released next week, I believe!

So those are the books I want to focus my attention on next year. Will I read them all? Pfft. Probably not. Lol. But if I at least finish the Soul Screamers and Shifters series, I will be happy. Lol. That's only 2 books + 3 novellas OR 13 books if I count the re-reads. Everything else will just be the cherry on top of this challenge. Wish me luck 😅


So I'm not officially hosting this challenge or anything, it's more of a personal challenge for me. But feel free to join me if you have an author whose work you want to catch up on too!

No comments:

Post a Comment