Thursday, December 22, 2022

Top 10 Books I Wish I'd Read in 2022


It's the end of the year which means it's time for all the end of the year posts! These are always so much fun to do! First up are some books I wish I would've gotten to this year but didn't because my mood changes faster than my brain can keep up with 😆 Most of these are 2022 releases. There are two 2021 releases that I didn't get to this year or last. Why am I like this? 🤦‍♀️ Lol.



I feel like I'm always behind on the Shadowhunter Chronicles 😅 I read Chain of Gold early in the year and really loved it, and I was hoping to read Chain of Iron during my winter break, which is going on right now. BUT, I've been sick 😭 I'm writing this Wednesday night (it's Wednesday already? Man, idk what day I live in. Lol) and I've just been tired all day! Hopefully I'll start to feel better soon cause Christmas is literally around the corner.

I got a few chapters into As Good As Dead before I ended up dropping it. I still do want to read it though. I loved the other two books in the series, but the protagonist is in a particularly dark headspace in this book, and at the time I picked up this book I wasn't doing that great with my own mental health. I couldn't deal with her issues and mine at the same time so I just put it back on my TBR for when I was back in the mood and right headspace for it. Lol.

Five Survive I actually got an ARC for but I never got around to it! I'm excited to read it though and will hopefully do so soon. I'm very much in the mood for mystery thrillers at the moment, so in those rare moments where I don't feel like death, I'll crack a book open. Lol.


Serendipity is a collection of contemporary romances edited by Marissa Meyer, and honestly, I just want to read anything Marissa Meyer is involved in. Lol. Even contemporaries. I actually just got a copy of this book during a Black Friday sale!

The last volume of Tales From the Gas Station came out this year and I never got around to it! But I'm waiting for the audiobook to come out because I like the narrator. Though I don't know when exactly that will be.

One of my favorite series is Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, and the author just came out with a new series in a long time! Sable is about werewolves and he was kind enough to send me an ARC but I just never got around to it 🙈 But I do want to read it soon because I love this author's work.

The House Across the Lake is one book I was kinda iffy on. I did not like Riley Sager's 2021 release. It was not good. But that's the only of his books I didn't like, so I thought I'd give this one a chance anyway. But I just wasn't in as much of a hurry to read it, I guess.


I had both I Told You This Would Happen and Shutter from the library at some point this year. They're both mystery thrillers and both sound super interesting! Unfortunately, my mood was not cooperating when I had these so I had to return them. Lol.

And then Cursed I cannot wait to read! I pre-ordered the special edition from Fairy Loot but it's not supposed to ship till next year 😭 Honestly, if it takes much longer, I may have to borrow it from the library while I wait for my copy to arrive. Lol.


Oh man, apologies for this post because it needed a lot of editing and idk if I caught all of my mistakes, so things were worse than usual 😂 Does it even make sense? Lol. But to be fair, my head is stuffy, I get woozy when I stand up, and I can't stop coughing. It's been very fun around here 🙃 Lol.

Anyway, let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them! Also let me know what books you were wanting to read this year but just never got around to.

Happy Holidays! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment