Friday, December 30, 2022

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2022!


Today we are finally talking about my favorite books of the year! It was hard to narrow things down, but I did it! When you see my picks you will not be surprised because I'm that predictable 😆 I also didn't include re-reads, even though I read a ton of books in the Elemental Assassin series, which you know I love. Lol.



I love the Ellie Jordan series! This year we got two new books in the series, and they were both great! Both of the cases were interesting and creepy, and I just love Ellie and Stacey!


I think at this point I am pretty much caught up on all of Marissa Meyer's books, so it's pretty safe to say that I love her writing! All of it! This year I read 3 of her books and I loved them all! Heartless was so quirky and fun and so heartbreaking! I loved it though! It was a great story about Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts and how she became the person she is.

Gilded was a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin that was interwoven with Germanic folklore and it was so well done! Marissa Meyer just does retellings so well!! The story was interesting, the mythology intriguing, and I really liked the characters.

Cinder's Adventure was so much fun! It is obviously about Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles, and the book is a Choose Your Own Adventure-type book as you try and get Cinder to her wedding with Kai! Ah! What made this book even more fun, is that ALL of Marissa Meyer's other worlds and characters made an appearance in this! Literally everyone! The Renegades, and even Pru and Quint from her contemporary, Instant Karma! It was so good! And it was just fun exploring all of the different options and choices.


I only read two Shadowhunter Chronicles books this year, but I loved them both, much to the surprise of no one 😆 I don't read a lot of historical stuff around here just because I don't find it interesting... unless there are Shadwohunters involved, then I'm all in, apparently 🤣 And Chain of Gold was amazing! The story was interesting, and it had an amazing cast of lovable characters! Not gonna lie, in the beginning I had a hard time keeping them all straight just because there are so many freaking Lightwoods 😆 But by the end I had everyone figured out. Lol

In The Lost Book of the White, we are back in the modern day with the characters from The Mortal Instruments as they look for this lost book. I loved this! I love Alec and Magnus and I am so happy that they have their own series! And one of my favorite things about this book was that the TMI gang was back together! We saw Jace, Clary, Izzy, and Simon, and they all went to Shanghai on this adventure. It was so much fun!


And of course, what is a Top 10 post without some Jennifer Estep 😆 I read SO many of her books this year! And they were all amazing!! Tear Down the Throne is the second book in her adult fantasy series Gargoyle Queen, and it was so good! Epic/high fantasy is another genre I don't read a lot of, but this series is just so good! It is action-packed, there's cool magic, and the romance is 😍

And then Jennifer released her very first sci-fi book this year, Only Bad Options, and it was SO GOOD! I've been reading a lot of sci-fi lately, so this book came at a perfect time for me! Again, there was a lot of action, and I liked that there were sci-fi elements mixed with fantasy elements, and it just made the book that much more interesting. Not to mention how good the romance was in this too!

And her last release of the year was Sugar Plum Spies, which is part of her Section 47 series that is filled with spies and assassins and a lot of cool magic. AND it's also a holiday book, so that made it extra fun! I can always count on Jennifer Estep for an amazing, action-packed read, but this book in particular was even more so because it took place mostly in one day and I loved that! And yes, the romance in this was also great! As where the characters. It was just great all around!


Honorable mention:


Umm, is that a contemporary romance? Why yes, yes it is 😆 This book was so cute and fun and I cannot get over how much I enjoyed it! The romance was really cute, and the added element of the time loop was the cherry on top! I am just surprised at how much I liked this!


What were some of your favorite reads of the year? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The colors on the first two covers are so nice. I haven't read any of these, but a Rumpelstiltskin retelling sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the covers in the Ellie Jordan series! And Gilded was so good! I definitely recommend it!

      Delete