Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Top 5 Disappointing Books of 2022


Today we're talking about the books I didn't like. Yay! πŸ™ƒ Lol. This year though, I feel like I didn't read that many disappointing books because I couldn't even come up with 10! And most of these I didn't dislike—they're all 3-star reads (except for one).



Avalon was actually a re-read. I first read this book like 8-9 years ago and I remember really loving it back then. But this time, not so much. And I re-read it intending to finally finish off the duology, but now idk if I want to. The story was interesting, but I feel like the characters weren't very fleshed out and I just wasn't a fan of the relationships.

Flying was another one where I wasn't a fan of the characters... the main character, specifically. I know this is YA, but I read a lot of YA and the protagonist of this book felt very childish. I did like the romance, but the main character... no. Plus, I just wasn't invested in the story either.

Paola Santiago and the River of Tears was not what I was expecting... I was really looking forward to it, but I just didn't vibe with it. My issue with it might honestly be that there wasn't enough Llorona in it for my likingπŸ˜†


How to Survive Your Murder was another one I was excited to read because it's a mystery thriller with this sort of time loop element to it! But it just didn't work for me. The protagonist is a huge fan of horror movies which made me very excited because I'M a huge fan of horror movies too! But for being in a horror movie scenario herself, she was kinda dumb. And then that ending... That sort of ending would work well in a horror movie. But in a book? It just didn't work for me here.

Up to this point all of these books have been 3-star reads, so they weren't awful, but they also weren't great. But I was expecting more out of them than I got. Beautiful Demons though, is the only book I gave 2 stars to this year! I started off well enough and I was enjoying the story, but then the amnesia trope made an appearance and I was OUT! Don't get me wrong, this trope doesn't usually put me off... it can be done well! But here it was just frustrating! I hated it! And the only reason I even finished this book is because it was short. Lol. But I definitely won't be completing this series (even though I'm curious lol).


Were there any books you read this year that were disappointing?
Let me know! (So I can stay away from them πŸ˜†)

No comments:

Post a Comment