Thursday, December 29, 2022

Top 5 Most Interesting/Unique Books of 2022


This Top 10 post is new for me. I decided I wanted to talk about some of the more, idk, unique books I read this year, I guess. A couple of these weren't my favorites of the year, but I wanted to talk about them anyway because I still did enjoy them and thought their premise was interesting.



Into the Drowning Deep has killer mermaids... and they are vicious! It was great! 😆 I'm not going to say that I've never read books with particularly unfriendly mermaids/sirens, because I'm pretty sure I've read one or two prior to this, but there aren't a lot of books out there! And the mermaids in this book aren't cute. It was a very refreshing take on the creature and I definitely recommend this book if you like horror!

There are so many YA books out there about a newly turned vampire trying adjust to their immortal life, but in Mere Mortals we have two vampires who have just been stripped of their immortality and must now navigate a mortal life as teenagers. It was so much fun!! I really enjoyed this one!

Wrong Place Wrong Time is a mystery thriller with a time loop. But this is no normal time loop. Instead of the character living the same day over and over, she keeps waking up further and further in the past! It was so well done and the mystery was very interesting!


How to Survive a Horror Movie is exactly as the title says, a nonfiction book about how to survive fictional horror movies, and it was great! It was a lot of fun, and if you unfortunately ever find yourself in a horror movie situation, helpful! 😆

Nightmare Fuel was another nonfiction book about horror movies, but this one talked about the science behind what happens to our bodies when we watch scary movies and why we like them in general. It was a very interesting read!


Let me know what some of the more unique or interesting book you read this year were!

No comments:

Post a Comment