I am a beast.
A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright--a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.
You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever--ruined--unless I can break the spell.
Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.
This book was amazing!! It was a little cheesy at times, but still good :) It is a modern twist on the story Beauty and the Beast.
Kyle is that guy in high school all the girls want to have and all the guys want to be. He is gorgeous and he knows it. He’s rich too. But his attitude…well, he treats others like crap. And on one of the school dances his little attitude provokes a witch to turn him into a beast. He will have two years to find true love or else he will stay that way forever. All I’m saying, yes he was hot, but he sure as hell deserved it!
There were a lot of things I like about this book:
1. The modern fairy tale twist to Beauty and the Beast (I love Disney movies and fairy tales :))
2. The fact that I could imagine Alex Pettyfer as Kyle/Adrian (even though I hadn’t yet watched the movie :P). I loves me some Alex ;)
3. How dynamic Kyle/Adrian was. I really liked to watch him change (for the good) and grow as a person (from Kyle to Adrian).
4. The fact that Kyle’s/Adrian’s jerkness turned into pure sweetness. You gotta love a sweet guy ;) And he became such a gentlemen!! I have to admit though, it was a little too cheesy sometimes, lol
5. Writing style. I liked how it was divided into parts and then into chapters. I especially liked how the chapters were short, that was nice. Plus, I really liked the little chat thread things embedded throughout the book! They were very entertaining.
6. And I just realized that the main female character's name is Linda! lol, i almost forgot about that. Why am I making a big deal of it? Because Linda in spanish means pretty or beautiful...get it? Like Beauty and the Beast. I think thats cool :)
[How Adrian/Kyle asked for Will to be able to see again once he broke the spell. That was sooo nice of him! And he’s a teacher a Kyle’s school…Kyle and Lindy’s AP English teacher, to be exact. Total awesomeness :)]
[And OMG Kendra was Magda the whole time?!?!? Whoa!!! Didn’t see that one coming.]
You could also learn a thing or two from this book:
1. As gorgeous and amazingly hot as you may be, don’t be a jerk about it. Be humble and sympathetic.
2. You know what they say, “Treat others as you want to be treated.” Something you learn back in kindergarten.
3. Oh! And never EVER piss off a witch! Lol
Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a comment! :)