Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2021


This month was pretty productive... not blogging-wise, but thank the gods I had all those pre-scheduled reviews! 😅 So awhile back our water heater broke and totally flooded out kitchen, but we finally got our hot water back (YAY!) and I did some painting around the house when I had about two weeks off of work. Some vacation, huh? Lol. I just started back up at work this week, and let me tell you, the struggle is real in this heat! I live in central Washington and we are ROASTING alive! 🥵 Just like Texas isn't equipped to handle freezing cold temperatures, up in the Pacific Northwest, we are not equipped to handle temperatures in the triple digits for days upon days in a row 😩 Send help, I'm melting! Lol. (It's literally 114°F/46°C as I write this Tuesday evening 🙃)

Books read this month:


This month I read 6 books and finished 1 series! Yay! None of these were absolutely terrible, and I enjoyed them all to one degree or another. The Evil Librarian series was a lot of fun, The Leveller was a very cool sci-fi, The Final Girl Support Group was a very interesting and fun dive into the final girl trope (loved the horror movie references too!), and even though Secret Admirer and Killer's Kiss had terrible characters, the hot mess of it all was entertaining. Lol.


Favorite books of the month:


I really enjoyed this series! It was so much fun! It was really funny and had great characters. I'm going to miss this world.

Least favorite book of the month:


This wasn't terrible, but it definitely wasn't the best Fear Street book I've read. It was just predictable.

Books reviewed this month:


Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles #4.5) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
The Rich Girl (Fear Street #44) by R.L. Stine | ★★★★☆
Stolen Life (Scary Mary #7) by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★☆
A Karma Girl Christmas (Bigtime #3.5) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★☆☆


Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun | ★★★★☆
When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn | ★★★★☆
Open Minds (Mindjack #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn | ★★★★☆
Capture the Crown (Gargoyle Queen #1) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★


The Cheater (Fear Street #18) by R.L. Stine | ★★☆☆☆
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments #4) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★
Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks #1) by Anne Cassidy | ★★★☆☆
City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare | ★★★★★

Other posts:


How Good Am I At Finishing Series?

My Top Most Re-Read Books

#15: Hits and Misses


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

10 comments:

  1. <3 Stars Above <3
    So many great books there! Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuugh water issues are the worst. I’m sorry you didn’t get to have a proper vacation but glad you have water again!!
    Looks like you read some fun ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm also glad to have hot water again... it was a real struggle. Lol.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I ever read the final Evil Librarian book - I need to fix that! Sorry you've been burning up over there. I've been reading about those temps in the news. So crazy!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it's gotten better temperature-wise... but now we got fires and a bunch of smoke to contend with 😩

      The Evil Librarian trilogy was great! I think you'll enjoy the final book!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe the weather y'all are getting! It's like we've swapped places. I'm in Texas and we typically have triple digits in July but we're having temps in the high 80s and low 90s. I hope you get some relief soon! I also enjoyed Stars Above and the Mortal Instruments books. I haven't read the Fear Street books since I was a kid. It would be fun to revisit them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous of the temperatures you were getting. Lol. It's a bit better now, so thank the gods for that!

      Yeah, Fear Street has been a blast to revisit. They're not all great, but they are certainly entertaining. Lol.

      Delete
  5. I heard about the heat wave you were having and the temperatures shocked me! I'm so sorry about your water heater too--yikes! I need to read the second Evil Librarian book--I really enjoyed the first one. And you reminded me about When Life Gives You Demons--this book is also on my list to read. Hope your July has been cooler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been better, thanks!

      Yes! You need to read the rest of the Evil Librarian series, it's so good! And When Life Gives You Demons was a lot of fun! Happy reading!

      Delete