Friday, July 2, 2021

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2021 (So Far)


I can't believe we're already halfway through 2021! That's crazy! So far this year I have read 40 books...


And here are my top 10 favorite books of those 40!



Let's start off with two Jennifer Estep books! One is the latest book in the Elemental Assassin series and the other is the new book in a trilogy, but part of the Crown of Shards world. I swear, Elemental Assassin just gets better and better as the books go on, and Last Strand was no different! I was such a great conclusion to this arc of the series! Very satisfying too! And Capture the Crown was a fantastic start to a new series with intriguing characters, an interesting story, and lots of fun action!

Tales from the Gas Station: Volume 3 was another fun installment in this series. It's a horror comedy and it is just super wacky and I love it! I also love all the characters in the series!


The Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper series is another of my favorite series. In Midnight Movie the girls investigate a haunted drive-in movie theater and it was just FUN! And spooky! I loved it!

I have also read two Shadowhunter books so far this year (I'm hoping to read more because I have fallen behind... again 🙈). Queen of Air and Darkness was such a rollercoaster ride... and it was long as hell! Holy crap! It's definitely the biggest book I own! Lol. That ending though... it was 😍 And not to mention the short story at the end of the book with Clary and Jace... that was 😍😍😍 The Red Scrolls of Magic was also quite 😍 Malec on vacation kicking ass... it was SO good! I loved every second of it!

And surprise, surprise, I read a contemporary! After reading The Lunar Chronicles, I decided I needed to read ALL the Marissa Meyer books, and I'm glad I read her contemporary because Instant Karma was SO freaking CUTE! I loved it!


Besides Instant Karma, I also read the entire Renegades trilogy by Marissa Meyer, and it was GOOD! I almost put all three books on the list, but I wanted to keep the number to a nice, round 10. Lol. But I really loved all three books! It was such a cool world with cool superpowers, and I just really loved Nova! Her internal struggle between her loyalty towards the Anarchists and then working with and becoming friends with the Renegades was really interesting. Marissa Meyer has quickly become one of my favorite authors!

Being Jamie Baker was a really cute and fun paranormal romance. Also about a girl with superpowers who is trying to not fall for a cute boy. I loved it! Unfortunately I didn't love the sequel as much... in fact, it might end up on my my disappointing books of the year list 😬 It was just frustrating! I almost wish I had just stopped at this one because the ending wrapped up pretty nicely. There really wasn't a need for a sequel. And if I'm honest, I probably wont read the last book in the trilogy... that's how disappointing book two was.

I also finished the Evil Librarian series! Curse of the Evil Librarian wraps things up and I just really enjoyed it. It was fun and it had great characters. Plus I really loved all the mythos regarding the demons and all the paranormal stuff.


Honorable mention:


This is a short story retelling of Beauty and the Beast by Jennifer Estep and it was SO good! I loved it! But that should come as no surprise at this point. Lol.


Let me know what some of your favorite books have been so far this year! 😊

4 comments:

  1. I bought Instant Karma, but haven't read it yet. Now it goes to the top of my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was SO good! I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. You've made me excited to read Instant Karma now! I'm actually listening to Archenemies at the moment, and I'm loving it.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archenemies was so good! Get ready for a crazy ending because omg 😱 And yes, Instant Karma was great too! Very cute, summery read.

      Delete