Saturday, June 5, 2021

How Good Am I At Finishing Series?


Let's get something straight right off the bat: I am notoriously bad at finishing series, just in general. Just over a year ago, I answered WHY I was so bad at it (tl;dr: my finicky mood lol), but I wanted to take a look at how good I am at completeing series I've picked out ahead of time to finish.


I've been picking out series to finish for a while now in hopes of getting that ridiculously high number down. From 2014-2018, I did five posts picking five random series to finish using random.org. Now, me being a mood reader, this didn't work out too well for me, as you can tell from the five posts I did in four years 😂 I tried though, and the outcome wasn't too terrible...


I finished three series, but this method of picking out series to finish was not for me and my finicky mood.


So in September of 2019, I changed things up and got rid of the randomness. Instead, I started picking out a couple series here in there that I was in the mood for and went from there.


These are all series I picked to finish in 2019, but a lot of them rolled over to 2020, so I didn't necessarily finish them all in 2019. This method of picking out series definitely worked out better for me, though.


We all know what a terrible year 2020 was, just in general. In 2020, I only picked out four series to finish and ended up completing only one. And even then, I finished The Dark Artifices earlier THIS year 😅


That's not to say I didn't finish any series in 2020, cause I did. Just not these four 😂


So according to my math, I have completed 58.33% of the series I have set out to finish (not including the ones I've finished on a whim... this is only the ones I've picked ahead of time). So, how good am I at finishing series? NOT VERY. But I think we knew that already 😂 As someone who likes math, though, it was fun to look up the numbers anyway. Lol.

Let me know if you struggle with finishing series too and how you deal with it, cause I need help! 😅

2 comments:

  1. I know I've told you think before, but I'm terrible at finishing series too. I can definitely feel your pain!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete