Saturday, June 18, 2022

Contradictions Book Tag


I saw this tag over at BooksWithEmilyFox and I thought it looked like a lot of fun!

1) I love this genre but I didn't like this book:


I love mystery thrillers! It is one of my favorite genres! But this book... ugh! It was more of a contemporary romance that often forgot it was supposed to be solving a mystery 🙄

2) I rarely read this genre but I loved this book:


I don't read a lot of epic fantasy... literally only like one a year 😅 Idk, they just don't call to me. But this book was amazing! But then again, I love pretty much anything Jennifer Estep writes 😆

3) I love this trope but I didn't like this book:


I love a good haunted house trope, but this novella was no good. All the flowery writing overshadowed literally everything else, including the scares. Ugh.

4) I hate this trope but I loved this book:


I hate love triangles... they are the worst! But I somehow didn't completely hate the love triangle in this series. I just loved both Will and Jem for completely different reasons. But I'm also super biased because I love all things Shadowhunters 😆

5) I love this author but I didn't like this book:


Yes, I said I love pretty much anything Jennifer Estep writes... except for this series 😬 To be fair I didn't hate it, but I also didn't love it. It was very instalove-y, which is another trope I hate, and in this particular book, I really did not like the main character 😬

6) I previously disliked a book by this author but I loved this book


This question was a little more difficult because if I read a book and don't like it, it is very likely that I will not read another book by that author. But even though R.L. Stine books can be very hit or miss, I always go back to them 😅 This series in particular is one of the best though!

7) I love this cover but I didn't like this book:


Beautiful cover, but I just could not get over the toxic masculinity in this 🤢 No thanks.

8) I don't like this cover but I loved this book:


Great book, but this cover? No thanks. I much prefer the OG cover 🤷‍♀️


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

4 comments:

  1. There are genres that I like but every now and then I will read a book that a bummer. I will be doing this tag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your answers!

      Delete
  2. This is a really fun idea for a post. Love the idea of Contradictions!

    ReplyDelete