Tuesday, December 20, 2022

2022 End of Year Survey


I borrowed some of the images below from The Perpetual Page Turner, the creator of this fun survey 😊 I love doing this survey because not only does it include questions relating to books, but also blogging!



Number of Books You Read: 83 (so far)
Number of Re-Reads: 19 (so far lol)
Genre You Read The Most From: Urban Fantasy! 23 books!

1. Best Book You Read In 2022?


This should come as no surprise 😅 I just cannot get over how good this book was! The mix of sci-fi and fantasy and romance 😍 I loved everything about it!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


I had this book on my TBR for a looong time, and I finally got around to it this year and... it was not what I was expecting. I think my issue with it was that there wasn't enough Llorona in it for me 😆

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


Nonfiction books are not something I read a lot of, but this book was so good! I love horror movies and I like science, and this book was the perfect combination! I am surprised at how much I liked it!

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?


I cannot shut up about this book. I'd like to think a person or two picked up this book because of me 😆

5. Best series you started in 2022? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender of 2022?

  

Only Bad Options, again, I know 🙈 But it was such a good start to the series! Fallen Wishes was another great installment in the Ellie Jordan series. It was really creepy and I loved it! And Waxing the Moon of Lewei wrapped things up pretty well for Triana and Ty 😍 (Although I think the author is adding another book to this series so idk if this is technically the end... 😅 lol).

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2022?

 

Oh. My. God. Did I just find a new favorite author in the contemporary romance genre?? 😱 I think I did! These two books were so freaking cute and I cannot wait to read more from this author!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


Again, this one 😍 I read 4 contemporary romances this year, and this one was definitely my favorite! Like I said, it was really cute, I could not stop smiling, and the added element of the time loop really did it for me.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


Jennifer Estep writes the BEST action sequences! It's one of the reasons why she's one of my favorite authors! This book in particular takes place mostly in one evening, which made it feel that much more action packed. It was great!

9. Book You Read In 2022 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this book, and because I could not wait to get it in my brain, I read this back in August. Lol. So if there is one book I would re-read next year it would be this one and I would read it during the holidays, because it's a holiday book after all.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2022?


I cannot get over how pretty this cover is 😍

11. Most memorable character of 2022?


I mean, Magnus Bane is pretty fantastic. Lol.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2022?


This one probably? Idk, I don't really read "beautifully written books." Last year I discovered that I did not like purple prose, like, at all 😅

13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2022?


This one was so intriguing! It talked about what happens to the body when we watch horror movies, and why we like horror movies in the first place. It was just so interesting to read.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2022 to finally read?


This book was published in 2013... that's nearly 10 years ago! And I only just read it now! 😱 And it was SO good! I loved it!

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2022?


There is no better distraction in this world than losing oneself in books for awhile.

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2022?


A Jennifer Estep book and a Cassandra Clare book 🥰

17. Book That Shocked You The Most?


This book was amazing! The mystery was great and the time loop aspect was so good!

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)


Magnus and Alec. Am I predictable, or what? 😂

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year?


Cordelia and Lucie! Omg I love them! Their relationship is so sweet! 🥰

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2022 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?


I read SO many Jennifer Estep books this year, and it was hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'm gonna go with this one. It's sci-fi!! And it was SO good!

21. Best Book You Read In 2022 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.


This was a recommendation from BookswithEmilyFox, and as soon as she said "killer mermaids" I was like YES! Say no more! I need it in my brain ASAP! Lol.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2022?


Jest!! I love him! He was so sweet and funny!

23. Best 2022 debut you read?


I don't think I read a debut this year? But this was Kiersten White's adult debut and I enjoyed it!

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


Wonderland is always really vivid and so fun to explore!

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


Yup. This one. I just cannot get over how cute it was! Lol.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2022?


I knew that ending was coming, I knew it! But it still got me!! 😭😭

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


This is a sort of behind the scenes look at the Space Janitor world and it was so much fun! It had a lot of very interesting information.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


I'm not over it, okay? 😭

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2022?


KILLER MERMAIDS! And it was so good!!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


The protagonist is supposed to be this huge horror movie fan, but when she finds herself in a horror movie scenario, she was as dumb as the characters on screen. It was frustrating at times.



1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2022?

Reading the ParanormalBecause reading is better than real lifeRead All The Things!

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2022?


This one was fun because not only was it my birthday post, but I also learned some very interesting things about myself this year.

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2022?


4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?


Marissa Meyer had a virtual event for the release of Cursed and it was so much fun! There was a Q&A, costumes, and a bunch of other fun things!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2022?


Idk... I did put up some shelves to display some of my special edition books. I'm not done yet, but this what I have so far.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Staying on top of reviews. It's always the reviews! I don't know why I find that so hard! Lol.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?


My question is: why?? This isn't even how I pick my books anymore. Lol. My second question is: why is it the same post as last year??? 😂

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?


9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Idk if I discovered anything this year? If I did, I don't remember 😅

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

Of the 8 I'm participating in, I've completed 4 so far. But I still have about 2 weeks left in the year, so I'm hoping to complete a couple more.



1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2022 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2023?


I've had an ARC of this book for a little while, but I will definitely be reading it first in the New Year!

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2023 (non-debut)?


A new book in the Percy Jackson series!!!! I cannot wait!

3. 2023 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


This is the only debut I can think of. But it sounds very interesting, from the little I know. There's ghosts, maybe Chinese mythology? and enemies-to-lovers!

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2023?


Did you see this coming? I'm sure you did 😆 I can't wait for this one!

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2023?

I need to stay on top of those reviews. I don't even want to tell you how behind I am right now because it's embarrassing 😆

6. A 2023 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):

Haven't read anything so far! But my next read might be a 2023 ARC, a mystery thriller.


Let me know what some of your favorite books of 2022 were and/or what books you're most looking forward to in 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment