Thursday, June 6, 2024

2024 Summer Library Book Bingo


It's that time of year for my library's Summer program! This year it goes from June 7th to August 16th, and it has this sort of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle sort of theme to it, which is cool. I have been participating in this program for the last... 5 years now? It's been a while. Lol. And this program is actually what got me into learning Japanese! One of their challenges in 2019 was to use Rosetta Stone through the library (it's free when you use it through them!) to learn a language and I picked Japanese! I have been learning it on and off for the last 5 years and it has been so fun! (I actually JUST got back into it last week after not having practiced in like a year 😬 I am honestly shocked at how much I remembered despite the fact that it had been a year since I last did a lesson. Lol).

They have a lot of fun activities to do that involve using the library resources, they have virtual events, and they even have in-person events as well! My youngest brother is in a Mariachi band and the library hired them to play at a bunch of library events in branches all over the state. They did this last year too and the patrons loved it, apparently. Lol. I've seen my brother play before so I didn't bother going to one of these events to watch them play. Lol. I am sooo supportive 😆 I might go this year... maybe. Lol.

Anyway, the one thing I always look forward to every year is the book bingo! And here is the one for this year:


I fail at it every year, but I always start off with good intentions 😂 Maybe this year will be my year. Probably not, but hey. Lol. They are offering a tote bag when you complete a line so that's a very good incentive! Lol. Wish me luck!


I'm really looking forward to attempting this book bingo and maybe exploring some of the fun things my library has going on this Summer. Anyway, this is your friendly reminder to use your library if you are able to, because they have a lot of cool, unexpected resources and, of course, lots of free books for you to read! I would be broke without them! 😂

2 comments:

  1. This is a good reminder that I need to get going on my public library's summer reading program. I wish they did something like this, but then what they do is pretty easy. Just have to record reading for 60 days and I get a prize! I'm behind in checking in, need to go back and add those days in. Good luck on your bingo!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is pretty simple. All the years I've participated they always have other challenges besides reading, which I love. Idk, I would just poke around on their website and see what cool stuff they have. That's how I found out about the program in the first place. Lol.

      Delete