Saturday, April 15, 2023

I Helped Throw a Book-Themed Baby Shower!


I helped throw a book-themed baby shower and it was so much fun! My cousin, who is a librarian, was pregnant with her first, so her baby shower obviously had to be book-themed. Lol. So me and two of my other cousins started planning way back in January, and here is how things turned out...


The Party


I didn't take a lot of pictures because I was just so busy the day of dealing with unfrosted cupcakes lol, but I did manage to take a couple. This is our main dessert table where we have some bookish things scattered throughout it all. (Note: we did not know the gender of the baby because the parents decided they didn't want to know till Baby was born, so you will see a lot of blue and pink in our décor.)


One of my cousins made this cute banner out of book pages and it turned out so CUTE! I love it!


The same cousin who made the banner came up with the idea of having book covers as our cupcake toppers, which was also super cute! The cupcakes though... so my aunt, mom of the mom-to-be, got the cupcakes and they were unfrosted, so she and I quickly frosted them and then I put together the cake toppers using toothpicks and we called it a day. Lol.


And this is our centerpiece: a book, a book page table runner, and candies and chocolates. So for our centerpiece we decided to put a book on every table along with some pens and markers, and we asked friends and family to write a note for the baby in the book. I am clearly biased, but I loved this idea! Lol.


Here is some more décor that my cousin made. A garland made of tiny books.


And then this balloon hoop with book page pinwheels scattered throughout 😍 The pinwheels were such a nice touch, and they were a last minute addition I'm glad my cousin thought of because it looks great! I was back in the kitchen dealing with the cupcakes when I came out and noticed the hoop, and I was like YES!


Book Page Table Runners


I made a lot of the décor for the party as well, so I wanted to share a little more in detail the things I made! First, these table runners made of book pages! I made a bunch of circular ones for our tables, and one long one for our dessert table.


Normally I would be appalled at tearing apart a book, but my copy of The Son of Neptune was absolutely falling apart, so I decided to sacrifice it for the cause. Lol.


Basically I just through some pages together then glued them down, and yeah, I used a candle to help me out 😂


Hershey's Nuggets Open Books


I was on Pinterest A LOT when planning this party. And one thing that caught my eye that I really wanted to do were these cute books using Hershey's Nuggets! And I think they turned out really cute!


So for those I used a tone of chocolate, pink and blue cardstock, book pages, glue, tape, and I bought a paper cutter just for this project and oh my god I am obsessed with the paper cutter! It was just so much fun to use! Lol.


So I just cut out some rectangles out of the cardstock, taped two chocolates down onto it...


...and glued down a square of a book page.


And on some of them I added an extra page for a little more flair. Lol. (I used the measurements from this post to cut my pages and cardstock. But I honestly ended up adjusting them to my liking.)


Hershey's Nuggets Closed Books


But my favorite thing I did out of everything was definitely these closed books! They are so freaking cute!! 😍


For these, again using cardstock, I cut some rectangles, scored the spine, and folded the cardstock to make the shape of the book. (And omg, to score the cardstock I actually used a nail art tool 😂 That pointy tool in the back with the yellow handle is a watermarble tool that helps with dragging polish in water... but I'm not good at watermarbling so I never use this tool. Glad it's come in handy for something else though 🤣)


Then I just taped a single Hershey's Nugget inside. I was thinking I was going to write some cute book titles onto the covers, but I made SO many of these, and my hand writing is terrible, so I immediately scraped the idea. Lol.


Instead, I hopped on Canva, made a quick, cute cover, printed it out, cut it , and glued it onto my little books. And honestly, I'm glad I did that instead cause they look better than any writing I would've done lol. (And I used this pdf to help me out with instructions and measurements.)


Book Page Pinwheels


The cute pinwheels that were added to the balloon arch I made very last minute. I actually only made like 15 of them because I made these the day before the party and I was exhausted. But I'm glad I did make them because the arch turned out so cute! (And for this I used this image to help out. For mine though, at step 3, I ended up cutting the ends just rounded to give it a sort of flowery look.)


The Books


The party had books scattered EVERYWHERE! Of course, there were the ones that were on the tables for the guests to leave notes for the baby, we had some on our food tables, and I believe we even had some on the gifts table. I bought all of these for the party, and one of my other cousins bought the other half. I believe we had just over 20 books total. That child is going to be SO well read 😂


The Gift


And this is the gift I bought for the baby shower... which came in late because I was so busy with planning the actual party that I order the gift late and it didn't arrive on time 🤦‍♀️ BUT baby was born just EIGHT days after the baby shower, so 😂


And in case you were wondering, IT'S A BOY and he is SO freaking cute! I have not gone to see him yet, but I'm about to go get ready because I think that's what I want to do today 🥰

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow - I LOVE this bookish baby shower theme. You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete