Monday, June 10, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #371: I Hate Being a Mood Reader


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


I was very excited for a zombie apocalypse book with a time loop twist to it... it sounded amazing! But I didn't end up loving this as much as I was hoping. I feel like the zombies and the time loop-ness of it all got lost somewhere in the middle. It started off great though! But then we got some weird side plots that I didn't really care about. That being said, this was a fine read. The time loop was fun, and what we did get of the zombies was horrifying, which I appreciated.


Currently reading:


This is another book with a great premise! I haven't made it too far into it, but so far I am liking it!


Up next:


I don't know. This entire past week I have not known what my mood wants from me. I've only been reading bits of This Book Kills here and there because while I love the premise, I don't know if I'm actually in the mood for a mystery thriller right now. I think I want to go back to sci-fi, but I don't know what I'll be picking up. I hate being a mood reader 🙄😂


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. This book kills looks interesting. I hope you end up enjoying it. I just finished The One That Got Away With Murder and am reading Kill Her Twice. Both are good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Kill Her Twice sounds interesting! Glad you are enjoying your reads!

      Delete
  2. ahh "the I want to read something, but I don't know what that something is" pit of despair, been there 😂😂 if you want a fast paced, unique formated sci-fi, I'd recomment reading Illuminae 😄 it's pure fun

    This Book Kills is on my TBR as well, I'll probably pick it up during autumn. Idk why, but rainy season is murder season to me 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take note of Illuminae! And I agree, Autumn season is definitely murder season 😂 Though I do tend to read them year round regardless of season lol

      Delete