Sunday, June 9, 2024

Sunday Post #405: Busy Week


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

It was a busy week this week... at work, we had the 5th-grade music concert, the egg drop, and my patient went on a school field trip to the park with other deaf and hard-of-hearing kids... that was pretty fun. I'm not an outdoorsy person, but even I have to admit that it was a nice day to be out in the park, especially with the nice breeze coming from the river. Lol. Next week is FINALLY the last week of school and I can't wait! This coming week will be even more busy though 😬

One thing I forgot to mention last week is that I finally got back into learning Japanese! I've been learning it on and off for the last five years, but it's been more off lately 😬 I think it was almost a year since I last did lessons of any kind! Getting back into it, I started off by reviewing all my kana (hiragana and katakana), and this is how it went:

 

I'm actually surprised at how much I remembered, tbh 😂 And this week I focused a lot on reviewing kanji on WaniKani. This is what my lessons/reviews were looking like before I started:


The burned items are kanji I knew really well so they were removed from my rotation, but going through the list, I ended up unburning some because I didn't think I remembered them. But going through my lessons, I was again surprised to see how much I actually remembered, which is nice! The WaniKani website uses a lot of fun mnemonics to help learn kanji readings and meanings, and when I was doing some lessons the one below popped up and I laughed so hard!


😂 The meaning they want is 'national treasure,' but apparently, if I type in Nic Cage, they would accept that too 🤣 I can't 😂 So yeah, this has been fun. Up next, I also need to get back into Duolingo and Rosetta Stone, because learning how to read Japanese kanji is all well and good, but it won't help me at all if I don't know how to string a sentence together 😂

And I got more nail polish... I have a problem 😅

 

It's SO pretty though! It's this bright holographic nail polish with shimmer! 🤩 I love it!

What I've been playing:

I'm still chugging along with the Alien Takeover Challenge. Nothing too exciting to report. I did throw a pool party yesterday and that was fun. Lol.


Oh! And yesterday I also watched the Wholesome Direct and there were a couple of video games that caught my eye! The first one was this one:


It's Where's Waldo, but a video game. Lol. I got the free demo on Steam yesterday and I played it, and I loved it!! It was so fun!


There are only two stages in the demo, but that was enough for me to know that I will be buying this as soon as it comes out! I love puzzle games! Plus, I like the graphics and the fact that there is a story mode.


It was giving me some strong anime vibes, which I am here for! Lol. I don't know when the game is coming out, but I am excited to get the full version!

The other game that I've actually had my eye on for a while now is Tiny Bookshop, for obvious reasons 😆


In this one, you basically run a mobile bookshop and, idk, sell books! Lol. I also got the free demo for this game but I haven't played it yet. I will definitely be doing that today and I'll let you know next week how it goes! I'm excited though!

Nail art of the week:

I just finished doing a fun rainbow gradient with my new nail polishes, but I haven't taken pictures yet 😅 I'll have some pics next week. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆



Other posts from this week:

#370: From One Apocalypse to Another
2024 Summer Library Book Bingo

Book Haul

Purchased:


Another book to add to my Fear Street collection 😆 The books in this particular series are hard to find though! And the ones I do find tend to be ridiculously expensive! I'm keeping my eye out though, and my collection of this series is almost done!


For Review:


Thank you Sourcebooks Fire for the eARC! The premise of this book sounds SO good!


Gifted:


And I got this one with a gift card! A zombie apocalypse but with a time loop twist? I'm in!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

4 comments:

  1. So I love that nail polish! I went and checked out the website and saw one color I really want, but for now I'll wait as I don't want to spend the $22 for one when you add in shipping and handling. Maybe since I signed up for their email I'll get a coupon in the mail? Lol. Still love your sims stuff. The Tiny Bookshop game, where is that available? Is it on the Switch? I'd definitely get it if it was! Lots of great books this week! Hope this next one is good for you too.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, indie nail polish is not cheap 😅 But I just find drug store nail polish sooo boring. I love the specialty polishes that are holographic or have fun reflective glitters or iridescent flakies or all of the above. Lol. The more complicated it is the more I love it. Lol. But anyway, I believe you do get a 10% discount when you sign up. And every once in a while there'll be a sale.

      The Tiny Bookshop game isn't released yet. Idk if it will be on Switch, but you can try out the free demo! I got it from Steam.

      Delete
  2. omgosh I DEVOURED the Wholesome Direct showcase. I think I added like 10 games to my wishlist 😂

    Tiny Bookshop has been announced quite a long time ago and I can't wait for it to come out 😃

    I really liked Caravan Sandwitch and Squeakross as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the idea of Squeakross, but the rat freaks me out 😂 don't know if I can do it, but I am definitely tempted to get that one lol

      Delete