Sunday, June 23, 2024

Sunday Post #407: A Busy Week of Doing Nothing


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

My week off from work has come to an end 😭 I'm actually writing this a couple days in advance, on Friday, because I'll be out of town this weekend doing some fun things (more on that next week).

What did I do this week? I don't even remember 😂 I feel like it went by too fast! Sunday I made my dad some caramel granola cookie bar... things for Father's day. I don't even know. Lol. They were good though! I didn't do much else that day because I had a migraine for most of the afternoon 🙄 Ugh. Wednesday I had a hair appointment, which I was very excited about because I was in desperate need of a touch-up and a trim! I loved how it turned out! However, that was just the base for me going back to my purple hair because I've been missing it. After my appointment, I went to a new boba place in town and got a strawberry milk tea and it was pretty good.


After that, I went to Sally's to buy my hair color...

 

It is SO vibrant! I was excited! I usually use Overtone to color my hair, but I've been wanting to try out this brand. Well, I finally colored my hair on Friday and... I'm not a fan 😭 It's SO bright! But that's not the problem, it is way too warm-toned for my liking. I'm gonna have to fix it. I think I'm gonna head to Sally's to buy a jar of the blue and see what happens. But that probably won't happen till Sunday since, like I said I'll be out of town. Sigh. (I'll share some pictures next week when it's fixed... if I can get it fixed. Otherwise, I'm gonna go back to my tried and true Overtone. Lol.)

What I've been watching:


Stlll watching Supernatural. Lol. I just finished season 10 and started season 11 with the Darkness. As I'm writing this, I'm actually watching the Baby episode aka the episode in the POV of Dean's car 😆 Yes, even the car got an episode. Lol. It's a main character, okay? Lol.

What I've been listening to:

This man just doesn't stop. He literally released an album last week and he's still putting out more music 😭


"This song is about losing someone close to you." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

I was looking through my screenshots of the week and I had totally forgotten that I played a little bit of Power Wash Simulator again. Lol. I haven't played this game in a while, and I actually only played a little bit of this level. This machine thing has lots of nooks and crannies and it's pretty difficult to get it clean. Lol. I'll get back to it eventually though.


And my new favorite game, Rain on Your Parade! I can't get over how cute and fun this game is! Some levels are themed and I just love that. This was one of my favortites:


And I also unlocked the tornado ability! It's so fun because you can cause even MORE destruction! 😆


And then this next one made me laugh because that was literally the entire level. I only lasted like 200 seconds before I got impatient and moved. Lol.


And I also played more Sims, but no one is surprised. Lol. Here are two things that made me laugh in my gameplay of the Alien Takeover Challenge. First of all, the mom is trying to relax in the pool, but there her child is practicing on her bike just rolling right over the pool, very close to her pregnant mother 😆 Is it even a Sims game if there are now glitches? Lol. And then the outfits the fame generates for the Sims is ridiculous! I can't with the rainboots and bunny hat 😂 What even is that? 🤣

 

And then my Every Occult/Mystical Motherhood mashup of a challenge is finally getting somewhere! So far we have 3 occults!

 

And there in the first pic is the Spellcaster baby aging up, her dad was visiting, which I thought was super cute. And in the second pic we have Caleb Vatore playing with his daughter while mom writes a book. Lol. That was cute too. Lol. Up next I'm working on getting the Servo and the alien, but those two are proving to be a bit more difficult.

Nail art of the week:

 

More rainbow gradients! They look okay from far away, but up close... yikes. My blending game is off. I think I blame the sponges I used. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★★
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#372: A Reading Slump?
The Summer Camp Book Tag

Book Haul

Library Loot:


On Thursday I went to two different library branches to pick up some books. I still don't know what my mood wants, so I got a little bit of everything. Lol.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. I think your nails look awesome! I got some email about being able to The Sims 4 for free, but I'm wary of it, even if it is from EA Games. And I'm so worried if I download it, then my laptop will not be able to handle everything else I need it for. Anyway, hope you have a good week! It's hard to go back after a week off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sims 4 base game is free! It has been for a little while, and I think it is permanently free. But yeah. I get the laptop thing. I have been playing this game for a year now on my laptop, and so far it's been fine. Don't know how much longer that's going to continue though. I need to back up my TS4 folders in case anything happens. Lol.

      Delete