Sunday, April 29, 2012

Showcase Sunday (#1)


Welcome to Showcase Sunday, hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed form the libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. For more information about how this feature works and to join in, click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure everyone has heard of the drama surrounding the blogger from The Story Siren, if not, because I really don't want to go into it, go here. Anyway, I have decided to take part in Showcase Sunday instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I have been neglecting my blog lately, but school has been killing me... not literally, of course ;) Yes, I may be only taking one class...but that class is Human Anatomy and Physiology...yeah, it's as tough as it sounds. One hour lectures 4 days a week and 2 hour labs once a week plus all the studying...it's like taking two different classes! Right know we are on the skeletal system, meaning I have to learn all 206 bones in the body plus every single process, bump, groove, and hole on each bone...and that's only for lab =/ Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to hear about A&P and the skeletal system (although you might find it interesting that we basically get a new skeleton every 10 years thanks to the breaking down and rebuilding of bone!), so here is what I got this week.

This first one I got for review from the author:


The Other Slipper by Kenechi Udogu 

 Sounds kinda fairy tale-ish...and I LOVE fairy tales! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yesterday my family and I drove 3 hours to Seattle to buy:



The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting

Okay, I know you might be thinking that I'm crazy for driving 3 hours out of town just to buy a book. What, does my town not have any bookstores?? Actually, yes. Our town does have bookstores. But since nobody cool ever comes to our town, we had to drive to Seattle so I could meet Kimberly Derting at her launch party for the book!

She signed my copy! Sure I have other books signed by authors, but those books were mailed to me...I actually got to SEE Kimberly sign MY BOOK!! :D
It was my very 1st author signing event I have gone to, so I was super excited! Kim was awesome, very nice and really funny! And one thing that surprised me: she knew who I was! Just by my name! We have chatted a few times online...and oh my gods I could not believe she actually knew me! I nearly fainted right there!

Here is some other swag I got at the event:

I got one of those cool rubber bracelets, a sticker (I think it's a sticker...) nail polish (for saying the secret phrase!), and 4 bookmarks (yes 2 of them are the same...but hey, and avid reader like myself has to have plenty of bookmarks! Oh wait, my brother took one of those...)

Why yes, Kimberly Derting is soooo cool she has her own nail polish for her book! I LOVE it! Have I told you that my favorite color is purple? Yes? Oh...just making sure ;)
I had so much fun at the Launch Party, I know this wont be my last! And Kimberly was just awesome...I'm a big fan of hers!

Anyway, I gotta go finish painting my nails with my brand new The Last Echo nail polish!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! They have a nail polish for the book!? That's so awesome that you got to meet her AND that she knew who you were!!

    Here's my post ~ My Week in Books!

    Happy reading!

    Megan @ The Girly Bookworm (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I dont know of any other books having their own nail polish!

      It was really amazing! I cant wait to go to another event like this!

      Thanks for stopping by Megan!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to be to an author signing :( Nobody likes to come to New Hampshire (I don't blame them lol). I would totally drive the three hours to go to an author signing. That's crazy awesome that she knew you by name, I think I'd faint! I'm also a little jealous of all those awesome goodies!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally understand that. We live right in the center of Washington and no one cool ever comes here :( And the closest place where the cool people come is usually Seattle, which is 3 hours away...but the drive was totally worth it!

      Thank you for stopping by Tiffany!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I'm a nail polish junkie! It's just like how I have to have my book fix :P That is seriously really cool though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I LOVE nailpolish! So when I saw that Kimberly had her own nailpolish I knew I just had to have some!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete