I will admit that the reason behind my picking up this book is because I noticed that Cassandra Clare (one of my favorite authors…TMI, duh!) wrote a story for this. And overall, the book did not disappoint!!
1. Cruisin' by Sarah Mlynowski- two girls off on a cruise to have a little fun. Turns out there could be vampires aboard the ship?? This one was one of my favorites!! Loved the twist in the end. Is sooo did not see that coming!!
2. I Don't Like Your Girlfriend by Claudia Gray- on an annual trip to the beach to meet her coven (all the women are witches, and the men know nothing about it), Cecily suspects of her rival. For some reason this year she brought a boyfriend along with her who seemed to be perfect for Cecily. Strange. Could a spell be involved? This one was alright..
3. The Law of Suspects by Maureen Johnson- this one is about 2 sister who go to France for summer vacation. While waiting for a cousin to show up, the 2 girls could be victims of a killer curse. One of which I didn’t entirely understand, mostly toward the end of the story.
4. The Mirror House by Cassandra Clare- I was super excited for this one! It was about Violet and Evan, whose parents just got married. Even though they’re now stepsiblings, they might be having some feelings for each other that they both know they should not be having. So while on vacation, they meet a suspicious woman, but Evan finds nothing wrong. But Evan’s life depends on if Violet can get him away from this mysterious woman. This one was another of my favorites!
5. Nowhere is Safe by Libba Bray- this one was a little strange. 4 friends go to Europe after they graduate high school. It was supposed to be fun! They went to a village where they may or may not be worshiping the Devil. Fun? I‘m not sure. But all the worshiping and sacrifices is all stuff from the past…or so they say.
This was another okay story.
Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a comment! :)