Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bookish Discussion: Reading One Book vs. Multiple Books at a Time


As bookworms, we basically breathe books and probably don't go a day without reading, right?

She reads books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. Good record :D

But, what type of reader are you? I mean, do you just read one book at a time, or do you find yourself reading multiple books at once?

My problem with reading books is that I get distracted... By other books. | This is how I get multiple books going at once, lol.
Me, more often than not, I read more than one book at a time. Why? Well, I might be reading one book and for one reason or another (maybe it's boring or I just don't feel like reading that particular book at the time) I just feel like reading something else. So I put down that first book for a bit and pick up another one.

This is me on a regular basis, lol
Some people might find it overwhelming and maybe confusing reading many books at a time, but it's not confusing for me and I really like that variety of having different books to choose from. At one point, I think I've read up to 5-6 books at a time! And I manage to finish all the books sooner or later. Right now, however, I'm only reading one, which is very odd for me.



What type of reader are you? Are you a one-book-at-a-time type of reader, or do you have a stack of books on your nightstand that you are currently reading?
Let me know in the comments below, or feel free to link me up to a post you've done yourself! :)

6 comments:

  1. I am monogamous! I must finish a book before starting something else! I think my only exception was when I read A Clash of Kings a couple months ago, since it was sooo long. I wasn't bored with it, but I was a bit overwhelmed, so I'd read maybe 100-200 pages then read some other book, then read 1-200 more pages, and so on.

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really admire readers like you because, I, for some reason, cannot go too long without adding another book to my currently-reading stack! I don't know why! It just happens! lol

      Delete
  2. I, like yourself, tend to read more than book at a time, usually an ARC, comfort read, one physical, a pair on the eReader... and I never have any trouble keeping things straight or being confused at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pili, you really get me ;) lol. Mine aren't usually an arc, comfort, physical, and e-book, though... I'm not that organized! lol. Mine are usually... ummm, really random at times LOL. I sometimes read a couple review books at once, then I might throw in a just-for-fun book... I don't know, I guess it really depends on what I'm in the mood for.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, what a great discussion topic. Same as you, I'm reading more than one book at a time because I like some variety and sometimes I'm not exactly bored but I feel like reading something else. I could also like take a break but if I prefer to continue reading, I'd take another book and voulà! Motivation renewed. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The book may not be boring, but you're just not in the mood to read it at that moment! Totally understand!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments! And if you'd like, leave me a link to your site so I can visit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...