Monday, June 6, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #268: Steampunk and Sci-Fi


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


I've had The Rules on my TBR list for a looong time, and I finally read it! And I loved it! It was SO good! The story is interesting, I liked the characters, and the romance was super cute! Ariane's whole situation is just so sad though, so you really sympathize with her and the awful things she's gone through. And The Girl in the Clockwork Collar was good, if not a bit predictable. I really like this world and the technology. I like most of the characters too. I was very happy that the love triangle wasn't as prominent in this one, mostly because the characters traveled to the US and therefore the guy I'm not a fan of was left behind 😆 But in the next book they're back in London where the love triangle will probably resume... UGH.


Currently reading:


Right now I am reading the sequel to The Rules, and I'm enjoying it! Things are going to get crazy, I can feel it 😬


Up next:


Up next I think I'm going to read book 3 in the Steampunk Chronicles. There's a novella between books 2 and 3, but it's about Jack Dandy, the third side of the love triangle that I am NOT interested in, so I'm not gonna read it. If I end up liking him later on in the series I'll go back and read it, but right now it's a hard pass from me. Lol. And then depending how things end in The Hunt, I might finish up the trilogy with right after.

However, I've also been feeling like I want to do some re-reading. Specifically the Elemental Assassin series (I miss Gin! 😭) But also I kinda want to revisit The Mortal Instruments again? I have the LitJoy Crate edition of the series that is annotated by Cassie Clare, and I really want to read those annotations! But we'll see. I might just stick with sci-fi and steampunk for now.


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment