Thursday, June 30, 2022

Monthly Wrap-Up: June 2022


This year is just flying! I hope everyone is having a great start to their summer (or winter, depending where you are lol). This month I read 4 books, 3 novellas, and 2 graphic novels. It sounds like a lot, but this is a total of 1532 pages, which is about 500 pages less than last month. I blame my mood for not knowing what it wanted to read. Lol.

Books read this month:


I started off the month with some Steampunk. I am really enjoying this series! I really like this world and the technology they have. I'm not that big into historical-type books, but every once in a while, one will catch my attention. Lol. In The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, the gang heads to New York from London, to exonerate their friend who has been accused of murder 😬 The change of scenery was nice, and I particularly liked the fact that the second guy of the love triangle was left behind 😆 Love triangles are the worst!

And then I went back to sci-fi with The Hunt, because that seems to be all I've been craving for the last year. Lol. I really enjoyed this book! I just like the idea of an alien/human hybrid basically running for her life. And an added bonus is the cute romance between Ariane and Zane 🖤

And after that I read two Greek mythology graphic novels because they're easy reads and my mood didn't know what it wanted. Lol. But I like this series! And I love mythology!


And then my mood decided it wanted some murder-y things, so I read the Life is Short and then You Die anthology, and it was really good! Some of the stories, were so-so, but there were some other ones that were great! The last story in the book, by Barry Lyga, was actually an I Hunt Killers novella, which I had no idea!! I was so excited! I really loved that one, and it just reminded me how much I like that series! And how much I like Jasper, the poor, messed up kid of a notorious serial killer. So I decided to get back into the series! I am currently in the middle of book two, but this month I read 3 novellas in the series. Career Day is as it sounds, career day at school, which is kind of awkward for a kid whose dad killed people for a living 😬 Neutral Mask was in the point of view of Connie, Jazz's girlfriend, and it was more about the beginning of their relationship.


And then I ended the month with book 3 in the Steampunk Chronicles and 1 more prequel novella in the I Hunt Killers series. In The Girl with the Iron Touch we are back in London and I am happy to report that there is no more love triangle! I could cry of happiness lol. I really enjoyed this one too! And I am really loving the relationship between Finley and Griffin... it's honestly the only relationship I care about 😬 Although I do like the other friendships and most of the characters as individuals. Lol. But this story was great! And very action-packed!

And then Blood Boy is about Jazz's friend Howie, who I love! Mostly. Lol. I love their friendship and the dark humor between them.

Favorite book of the month:


I am really loving this series! The end was a little predictable, and I still don't know how I feel about it... but I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends,

Least favorite book of the month:

None! I enjoyed them all! Nothing below 4 stars!

Posted this month:




Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

10 comments:

  1. Great job, some cool covers there! Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love triangles are the worst. Sounds like a good reading month though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl In The Clockwork Collar sounds cool! I'll need to check that series out.
    I've been struggling with reading for a while so graphic novels/web comics have been a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty good series! I recommend it! And yes, anything short is my go-to when I'm struggling.

      Delete
  4. That's great - a month without a least favorite is a good sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That great that you read a lot of different genres this month.
    Have a great July reading month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I read a little bit of everything!

      Delete