Thursday, December 8, 2022

Holiday Book Recommendations


I don't read a lot of Holiday/Christmas-y books, but I thought I'd share the handful of books I have read that I really liked!


 

When someone says 'Holiday book' this is probably what you think of: contemporary romance. A genre I don't read a lot of, actually. BUT I got into contemporaries because of Janette Rallison, so this is very fitting. Lol. Janette Rallison writes really sweet romances, and I just enjoy them a lot! They're always so much fun and she always puts her characters through some pretty awkward situations, and I just love that! πŸ˜†

It's a Mall World After All may not seem all that Christmas-y from the cover, but it is! It takes place during the Holidays and the main character, Charlotte works at a perfume counter at the mall. One day she sees her best friend’s boyfriend out in the mall with another girl!! And things just take off from there. Like I said, this was really fun and cute, and I think it may be the first YA contemporary I've read? πŸ˜…

An Unexpected Boyfriend For Christmas I just read last year and has the classic fake relationship trope, and I loved it! Scarlet brings home for the Holidays a practical stranger, and things just go off the rails FAST! It was great! πŸ˜† This one is an adult contemporary and it was also really sweet and cute.


  

For me, though, these types of Holiday reads are more my speed πŸ˜† Some horror/mystery thrillers! These are some of my favorite Fear Street books! Reva Dalby is the main character in the series and she's horrible! So it's no surprise that someone is out to get her in each one of these books. Honestly, after the first book, you'd think she would've learned her lesson, but NOPE. I don't read a lot of books where the main character is unlikable, and that is one of the reasons why I like this series. She's just an awful human, and you almost understand why the bad guys are doing this to her. Lol.



And I can't believe I almost forgot about Sugar Plum Spies! This book takes place during a holiday party and it is filled with spies and a ton of action! It was great! I do admit that this is the second book in the Section 47 series, but you could read it as a standalone if you wanted to. But this is a great series and I recommend reading A Sense of Danger first anyway πŸ˜†


Let me know what some of your favorite Holiday reads are, because I clearly need some recommendations here πŸ˜…

No comments:

Post a Comment