Monday, June 3, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #370: From One Apocalypse to Another


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


I finished my re-read 😭 The Heroes of Olympus was such a fun series but also very stressful. Lol. I just loved the characters and the overall premise of the villain being the actual Earth (aka Gaia). And having finished my re-read, I finally got a start on the next series, The Trials of Apollo. I have not read this series before so I was excited to dive into it, and overall, I really enjoyed it! The Heroes of Olympus felt a lot more YA (though technically I think it's still MG), but this book was without a doubt solidly back in MG territory. It was ridiculous and fun and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series... for the most part. A character death was spoiled for me a while ago and I am not happy about that or looking forward to reading about it 😭


Currently reading:


Nothing at this precise moment, but...


Up next:


I think I want to start this one next! It's a short horror novel, zombie apocalyptic in nature BUT with a time loop element to it?? I don't even know, but I'm excited! I love the time loop trope and I've just been in the mood for horror lately. (I may also read more Percy Jackson/Apollo... I'm gonna wait and see what my mood does because I just never know. Lol.)


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've been enjoying Rick Riordan's series. I'm reading Tom Lake, my first Ann Patchett book. I've been enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Uncle Rick's books 🥰 Glad you're enjoying your read as well! I hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  2. time loops are such fun book tropes 😍 I hope Sea Sick turns out good because I need more time travel/ time loop recs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a time loop! I've read a couple that are just great!

      Delete