Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday Post #150: December Review



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So busy! I've had about 4 days off from work so far and it was just been super busy! I guess that's how it is this time of year. But before that I was in a major reading/blogging slump, so that's why I've been MIA. I'm hoping to change that in the coming week since I still have some time off from work to recharge my batteries, but I guess we'll so how that goes. You just never know with me, lol.

What I've been watching:

Since the last time I posted I have watched a ton of stuff! Binge watching is always my go-to when I'm in a reading slump. Here are some of the things I've seen this past month:

Channel Zero: No-End House

Meh. I liked the original Creepypasta better.

Stranger Things : Season 2

SO GOOD! Babysitter Steve is my favorite!

The Punisher

SO MUCH LOVE! It was amazing and I'm probably going to rewatch it soon!

http://www.imdb.com/imdbpicks/latest-posters/rg1624939264/mediaviewer/rm1732926208

Overall really liked, but not the biggest fan of the humor sometimes. Now I know that this is by the same creators/producers of Sausage Party, so that's probably why. That type of humor is not really my thing. But I loved Josh Hutcherson in it!

Zoo Season 3

I had a love/hate relationship with this show. It took me a little while to get into it at the beginning of the season, mostly because the finale of the previous season wasn't memorable and I wasn't quite sure what was going on upon picking up where we left off. But then when I really got into, I got into. It's pretty good. However, as I was searching for the image above I go and find out that the show was cancelled 😩 ugh! I'm mostly upset because the last episode was left in a HUGE cliffhanger and now we will never know how it will end and whether humankind will be saved. Except this is based on a book series, so I'll probably read it. Lol. I can't say I'll miss this show too much, tbh.

Dexter

I LOVE Dexter!! Well, I loved Dexter. I binged watched most of the show in, like, 2 weeks! But then Hannah showed up... Ugh! I hate Hannah! I cannot stand her so I googled when she was going to die... and it turns out she doesn't. And I read some spoilers re: Deb and Dexter's kid and just... no thank you. I stopped midway through season 7 and have not picked it up again. But I really do love this show! I don't know if I'll ever finish this series, but I'll probably go back and watch some of the earlier seasons, especially the one with Lumen! Now her I loved!

Marvel's Runaways

This is an ongoing series on Hulu and I am really enjoying it! I love Marvel and superheroes! However, they have yet to actually run away. Lol.

Lore - Amazon

A while back I started listening to Lore the podcast, and loved it! So I was super excited to find out that they had a show coming out! However, I don't have Amazon prime so I haven't been able to watch it. But this past week I was house/pet sitting for a cousin of mine and she does have prime so I was able to take advantage of that and watch all but 2 episodes! It is really good! It's like the podcast but live action! It's awesome!

Rugrats

I also started rewatching one of my favorite childhood TV shows. I love this!

What I've been listening to:

Tales from the Gas Station

I've listened to a lot of Creepypastas and this one really stood out! It was incredibly funny and weird and really creepy! I highly recommend it!

Online


Posts:

Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2017

Ongoing giveaway!


Book Haul

Freebies:

Sara's Game (The Sara Winthrop Thriller Series Book 1) by [Lindsey, Ernie] Charmed and Dangerous (Appalachian Magic, #1) Revival (The Variant Series #1)

[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Bought:



Book Outlet haul! And they're having another sale soon! Lol.



Found these at the dollar store! Can you believe it?!



But from Amazon! I am actually currently reading the ebook of Spartan Heart and really loving it!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments: